Author Topic: Dancing trees....  (Read 3416 times)

KENWryan

Dancing trees....
« on: December 23, 2009, 02:56:55 pm »
As one of the previous posts pointed out, there does seem to be an issue with the tree's leaves changing from the summer to winter textures.  i noticed the admin responses to it state that it could be some third party vegatation software causing it, but on my system the only scenery updates I have installed relate to airports only and I can't figure ot why such a great job on the scenery ends up having the show stolen by some "trippy trees."  Other than that, the airport DOES NOT utilise the crosswind runway aspect, no matter what the traffic is shoved down the throats of 32L and R or their reciprocal and 28 and 27L as well.  Not once have I seen the "22's" used at all, why not?  That being said, it is worth the money to see the changes and an update of it would be a wonderful thing, I fly as a private pilot in the areas of S. Wisconsin and N. Illinois and if you want me to try and take some aerial photographs, that may not be out of the realm of possibility, also I have 2 relatives who currently work at KORD and maybe able to recieve prints of the work accomplished.  Everyone should hold their horses though, because the O'Hare expansion is not over by a long shot.....

Regards,

Ryan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dancing trees....
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 12:55:05 pm »
I can only confirm, there are no double trees here and, of course, if it was a problem of the scenery, we would have had the forum flooded by hundreds of similar reports. So, it's surely something else in your system that creates the problem.

It's not 100% sure that is a vegetation-related addon. Another AFCAD might create this problem, and these usually come with AI traffic packages. This might also have the effect of not seeing the crosswind runways, because the other AFCAD might be in use instead of our own. You need to verify you don't have another AFCAD for KORD active.

if you want me to try and take some aerial photographs, that may not be out of the realm of possibility, also I have 2 relatives who currently work at KORD and maybe able to recieve prints of the work accomplished

As we already explained, we don't need just aerial photographs, those are already available anyway. We need the absolutely perfect top-down view aerials, that can be precisely georeferenced with the rest of the airport.

Everyone should hold their horses though, because the O'Hare expansion is not over by a long shot...

Yes, that might be also a reason why updated aerials are not available yet. Perhaps they are waiting for the airport to be really completed, before doing another survey, which would need to be updated again.