Author Topic: New to Prepare3d V5.1  (Read 2149 times)

13ifs40

New to Prepare3d V5.1
« on: March 07, 2021, 05:48:16 pm »
Hi all

I just got a new computer and purchased Prepar3d V5.1.   After installing it into my computer i also installed gsx and pmdg 737-800.    However i cannot get the jetways to attach at any airport

I am at a loss for what I have done wrong.    I used the gsx control and it said i had to buy gsx 2                   Is that correct?

thanks all for your help in advance

13ifs40

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New to Prepare3d V5.1
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 05:50:49 pm »
I am at a loss for what I have done wrong.    I used the gsx control and it said i had to buy gsx 2

Quoting from the GSX manual, Page 4:

On default airports or 3rd-party airports that have Jetways using the default Jetway models, Installing GSX will result in all default jetway models to be replaced. If GSX Level 2 is in Trial, the replaced Jetways will work ONLY at the Trial airports. If want to go back to the default jetway models, you can use the Control Panel to restore them.

OR, of course, buy GSX Level 2, which will give you the better functioning, customizable and better looking GSX jetways. Your choice.

13ifs40

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 07:21:00 pm »
good afternoon

Thank you for the prompt reply.      I went into the Control Panel and enabled the default jetways, I then did a restart on the computer,  however using my 737-800 on the right spot at KBOS and KMIA the jetways would not work using CTRL J

Thanks again for your help

Ian Snow

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 09:26:21 pm »
I went into the Control Panel and enabled the default jetways, I then did a restart on the computer,  however using my 737-800 on the right spot at KBOS and KMIA the jetways would not work using CTRL J

So you got the default jetways back ? They should be easy to identify, since they look very bad...

- If you got the default jetways back, then nothing in GSX has any effect on them so, they if they work ( or not ), it's completely unrelated to GSX.

- If, instead, you still see the GSX replacement jetways, it means something went wrong with the GSX Control Panel, that for some reason wasn't able to restore default jetways.

13ifs40

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 11:42:38 pm »
hello   

thanks for your replies     I just purchased GSX2 and everything is 5 by 5           

thanks again

13ifs40