Author Topic: GSX, Couatl & Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4.5  (Read 12102 times)

red5ive

Re: GSX, Couatl & Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4.5
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2021, 07:40:14 pm »
Umberto,

What you describe above is precisely what I did to generate the log file that I attached to my original post.

I will y it again, but I suspect it will yield the same result.

red5ive

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 03:22:19 pm »
As I suspected, running P3D again produces an identical Couatl.log file to the one I originally posted.

For the sake of clarity, I would just reiterate the issue as I see it.

I was running a P3D session with GSX working normally when I recieved notification of a live update being available. I therefore exited P3D and ran the live update.

When I ran P3D again after the update, GSX was no longer available in the Add-ons menu.

Ever since the update, every time I run P3D a critical event is logged in the Windows 10 Reliabilty Monitor. The Critical Event description is attached to this post.

If there is any further information I need to provide to assist in solving the problem please let me know.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 03:55:47 pm »
- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder

- Run the FSDT live Update again after the antivirus has been properly configured.

- Sometimes a Windows restart might help, in order to complete an update of the VC++ runtimes required by Simconnect, P3D and GSX.

red5ive

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 02:41:34 pm »
My antivirus was already set up to exclude the whole Addon Manager Folder, but I have run the live update again and rebooted to complete the update of the VC++ runtimes.

GSX still does not appear in the Add-ons menu of P3D and the Couatl log file is unchanged.

However, I did notice that the Windows Reliability Monitor Technical details for the Couatl APPCRASH (Seee attached) refered to a WERInternalMetadata.xml file. I believe that this file is related to Graphics Card driver issues but I cannot locate this file on my system.

My Graphics card is an NVIDIA RTX2070 and the driver version is 27.21.14.5751.

red5ive

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 02:54:59 pm »
I have just noticed an earlier post from joe91 suggesting deletion of files in ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\prepar3dv4.

I do not have a Virtuali folder in my ProgramData folder. Could this be part of the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 04:25:43 pm »
I do not have a Virtuali folder in my ProgramData folder. Could this be part of the problem?

Those folders are always automatically created at each start, if they are missing. Perhaps your antivirus is blocking THAT too. Try to create it manually, and add it to the antivirus exclusions too.

Krielkip

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 11:41:11 am »
I do have a Virtuali folder in C:/ProgramData but it is empty. Should there be anything in it?

red5ive

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 06:06:10 pm »
Hi Krielkip,

According to Joe91 it should have two subfolders i.e. ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\prepar3d.

Like you, I only have the Virtuali folder which is empty.

I created that folder and excluded it in my anti virus but it has made no difference. For some reason, Couatl64_P3D.exe simply refuses to run on my machine.

Krielkip

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2021, 12:15:34 pm »
Like I said in my opinion this is the end of story. In my logfile it says: bglmanx non ready yet, waiting. Whatever that may mean. I regret mostly that I can't use the airports anymore.

Regards,

Hans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2021, 05:10:14 pm »
I do have a Virtuali folder in C:/ProgramData but it is empty. Should there be anything in it?

As I've said, the content of this folder ( the airport cache ) will be recreated automatically when the Couatl program starts and, if you have a log, it means it has started. However, the antivirus might have blocked access to that folder too, which will explain why, even if it started, why it couldn't continue.

This, of course, assuming you are getting a new log at each start, which you can check by looking at the time/date of the log or, just remove it, and see if a new one is created again. I'm saying this, to be sure you are not looking at the last log created the last time the program started, to understand if it's still starting now.

red5ive

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2021, 03:35:16 pm »
Like Hans, I have come to the end of the line with this issue.

I have tried all the suggestion from other posts regarding similar issues, I have tried with all anti virus disabled but the situation remains the same.

It is a shame because GSX is a nice feature when it works.

I hav therefore decided to uninstall and try to forget the whole sorry tale.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 10:51:54 am »
If you contact me in private, we can arrange a remote assistance session, so I can check what's wrong with your system.

Krielkip

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 06:49:05 pm »
I would like that too if it's okay by you. Maybe we can resolve the issue. I really miss GSX.

Regards

Hans

barrytitchen

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2021, 06:42:28 pm »
Hi,
Just want to add my name to this list and topic. P3Dv4.5 was working without any problems with any of my addons. About 2 weeks ago, or maybe slightly less, I think there was an update to FSDT GSX2 which I applied. On restarting P3Dv4.5 I immediately noticed that I had no gsx2 menu when pressing ctrl+F12. I then checked the addon list and sure enough gsx2 was not listed.  Over the past couple of weeks I have reloaded GSX2 many times to no avail. I have also reloaded P3Dv4.5 but still no gsx2.
Grateful for any advice on this before I give up totally.
Barry Titchen

red5ive

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2021, 06:01:28 pm »
I did contact Umberto as requested but I have also not had any response.
However, after considering this issue further and encountering a similar issue with the Aerosft ASUpdater, I decided, against my better judgement to un-install my anti-virus (Bullguard). Having done so, GSX is now working.

Despite the fact that GSX is now working on my system this still leaves a number of unanswered questions.

1.   Why did GSX stop working in the first place when I had not made any changes to my system? I can only guess that it might be due to a virus definition update that identified Couatl as a threat. This despite the fact that I had previously tried disabling every aspect of the virus detection and the Firewall.

2.   How is it that other updaters such PMDG, Flightbeam, Flight 1 Agent etc all continued to work without any issues?

3.   I have yet to decide if I want to continue running my system without the Anti-virus or just delete GSX instead.