Author Topic: Crazy things happened in KORD v2  (Read 2737 times)

rhadamantys

Crazy things happened in KORD v2
« on: February 06, 2021, 02:38:11 am »
Hello,

today I made a flight with Prepar3D V5.1 HF2 with VATSIM and FSL A319.
At short final for Runway 27C FPS suddenly dropped and passed from 20 fps at 2 fps and the worst things happened, my aircraft begun to turn right by itself and going to the ground at -1500 ft/min! Until touchdown on the taxiway at right of the runway and missed it completely! This issue totally ruined my online flight. >:( I noticed also no dynamic lights in the airport after landing. And the FPS stayed at 2 until I close P3D V5

Please, could you explain what's going on with this scenery? And how to solve it? And for information I checked my settings and my mesh resolution was at 5m.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crazy things happened in KORD v2
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 11:30:08 am »
Dynamic lights not appearing at landing it's a known P3D bug, LM is looking into it right now, because KORD obviously use the correct method suggest by LM to prevent this ( using an effect controller), which seems still have issues.

It's not possible the scenery could possibly have any effect on the airplane and nobody reported such bad fps in more than a year the scenery came out.

You said the fps passed from 20 to 2, as if 20 was an indication of "good" fps. I'd say 20 fps is already quite bad so maybe your settings are already too high for your hardware and, landing on a detailed airport might have exhausted your VRAM ( you we lucky it didn't crash ). Next time, check your VRAM usage using the fps counter, and see if approaches more than 90% of the available one. If it does, lower your graphic settings, because they are too much for your card.

rhadamantys

Re: Crazy things happened in KORD v2
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 08:02:26 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for reply. I'm agree with you about performance, I will try to low graphics settings. But about the invisible hand who taken my aircraft and turn it to the right until control loss I don't understand. How it's possible? During final approach the aircraft suddenly controlled by something like an invisible hand and force the aircraft to turn to the right heading and force it to dive to the ground!

Did you experienced that with the FSLABS Airbus?

Regards