Author Topic: GSX2 No Jetways Here ...  (Read 9350 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 No Jetways Here ...
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 12:09:51 am »
I guess GSX still looking at Z41 and LHD.

And again, that's precisely why I asked if it's really doing that. This should be pretty obvious to spot: when you open the GSX menu, you'll see the airport name right in the title!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 12:30:20 am »
Sorry too fast, I didn't see this reply. You don't get home until almost 2 weeks ahead? Don't you miss home (lol)?
I'm a truck driver, so if you think that's bad, I'm usually away from home for FIVE weeks, then I go home for five days.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 04:56:46 am »
I guess GSX still looking at Z41 and LHD.

And again, that's precisely why I asked if it's really doing that. This should be pretty obvious to spot: when you open the GSX menu, you'll see the airport name right in the title!
From the GSX I can see the AFCAD is PANC (AFX_PANC_sim-wings_04.bgl) and nothing else. GSX Menu doesn't show any ICAO or airport name. I think I am not looking at the right spot.
I launched ADE and I can see the Z41 and LHD on the same PANC airport only from Default Stock. I don't see Z41 or LHD in the Aerosoft AFCAD.
Screenshots ...
Patricio
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:12:38 am by trisho0 »

trisho0

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 05:01:49 am »
Sorry too fast, I didn't see this reply. You don't get home until almost 2 weeks ahead? Don't you miss home (lol)?
I'm a truck driver, so if you think that's bad, I'm usually away from home for FIVE weeks, then I go home for five days.
My Captain Kevin, not  bad because is work and a good one. So, you have Cargo Airplane very nice. I am still have PANC issue with FSX and also with P3Dv4. P3Dv5 works just fine. That's rare. Probably adding a line in the Prepar3D.cfg file could resolve it and the same for FSX.cfg files. P3Dv5 is smart (lol).
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 01:27:35 pm »
From the GSX I can see the AFCAD is PANC (AFX_PANC_sim-wings_04.bgl) and nothing else. GSX Menu doesn't show any ICAO or airport name. I think I am not looking at the right spot. I launched ADE and I can see the Z41 and LHD on the same PANC airport only from Default Stock. I don't see Z41 or LHD in the Aerosoft AFCAD.

So what you reported as a "bug" in GSX that you couldn't exclude Z41, wasn't true. The visibility WORKED, because GSX IS seeing PANC, as clearly indicated in the scenery editor page, which lists PANC as the active airport. So yes, visibility exclusions are working perfectly fine.

So, the problem is that GSX is not seeing any jetways. Which jetways is the scenery using right now ?

If they are made with SODE, a common problem is the developer has used wrong gate names in their SODE.XML file, which is not a problem if you only use SODE, but if you use GSX, the gate name MUST be correct and conform to the SDK standard, otherwise SODE cannot communicate with GSX which jetways is at which gate, see a more detailed explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23691.msg157932.html#msg157932

trisho0

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 04:20:44 pm »
From the GSX I can see the AFCAD is PANC (AFX_PANC_sim-wings_04.bgl) and nothing else. GSX Menu doesn't show any ICAO or airport name. I think I am not looking at the right spot. I launched ADE and I can see the Z41 and LHD on the same PANC airport only from Default Stock. I don't see Z41 or LHD in the Aerosoft AFCAD.

So what you reported as a "bug" in GSX that you couldn't exclude Z41, wasn't true. The visibility WORKED, because GSX IS seeing PANC, as clearly indicated in the scenery editor page, which lists PANC as the active airport. So yes, visibility exclusions are working perfectly fine.

So, the problem is that GSX is not seeing any jetways. Which jetways is the scenery using right now ?

If they are made with SODE, a common problem is the developer has used wrong gate names in their SODE.XML file, which is not a problem if you only use SODE, but if you use GSX, the gate name MUST be correct and conform to the SDK standard, otherwise SODE cannot communicate with GSX which jetways is at which gate, see a more detailed explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23691.msg157932.html#msg157932
Umberto, I appreciate you pointed a solution about. I apologize if I called "bug". I thought it was a "bug" because after restarting Couatl or reloading the scenery from another one then the GSX worked.
I will take a look on your provided link and start editing the SODE xml file for good.
I can identify the Gates from the SODE xml file but I don't know the process so, I will learn from that address link.
Many thanks,
Patricio

trisho0

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 08:01:29 pm »
I visited http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6i2chkmpq4836qnhnrt1nso962&/topic,23691.msg157932.html#msg157932
I understood what to look at SODE xml file. How to work with this as an example?

<Stand AfcadICAO="PANC" AfcadGateName="GATE_B" AfcadParkingNumber="6" CustomDesignator="GATE B;6">
      <SimObject Name="To Door 1L or 2L">
         <Placement Lat="61.17286353" Lon="-149.984447" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="134.53" />
         <Model SimTitle="AJS_320-PANC" StaticSimTitle="AJS_320-PANC-static">
            <Jetway InitialState="50;30;50;0" />
         </Model>
      </SimObject>
   </Stand>

When I looked the AFCAD from ADE, the Gate_B is shown as "Gate B" (not underscore line)
What do I need to change now? I want to give a try just with this jetway number 6 for testing before going further.
Patricio

trisho0

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 12:15:15 am »
I loaded ADE 179 and opened AFCAD PANC and I can highlight the Parking circle then right click to show xml. The info matched with SODE xml. But, still the GSX still "No Jetways Here" message.

trisho0

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 03:50:04 am »
PANC with P3Dv4.5 fixed SODE files were in backward.
FSX still in question ... not resolved yet.
Patricio

Pioneer

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 08:34:19 pm »
Just curious, did you place the line airport_visibility_z41 = 0 in CouatlAddons.INI under the [GSX] header or elsewhere like at the bottom of the file? I have it under [GSX] and it works for me.
I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme GPU, HyperX Predator 32GB RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 2 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, P3DV5.3/MSFS, Logitech X52 Pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 02:19:50 pm »

So, again, it wasn't a GSX problem after all. What do you mean with "SODE files were in backward ?"

No difference between P3D and FSX from a GSX point of view. But the AFCAD files of the scenery can be different so, again, just one of the issues you had in this thread were a GSX problem, the FSX remaining issue is surely not related to GSX as well.

trisho0

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 06:32:43 am »
Just curious, did you place the line airport_visibility_z41 = 0 in CouatlAddons.INI under the [GSX] header or elsewhere like at the bottom of the file? I have it under [GSX] and it works for me.
Yes, I did and it didn't work ...
Patricio

trisho0

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 06:39:37 am »

So, again, it wasn't a GSX problem after all. What do you mean with "SODE files were in backward ?"

No difference between P3D and FSX from a GSX point of view. But the AFCAD files of the scenery can be different so, again, just one of the issues you had in this thread were a GSX problem, the FSX remaining issue is surely not related to GSX as well.
SODE-OFF.BAT and SODE-ON.BAT files I had to rename them the "OFF" to "ON" and the other file vice versa to get P3Dv4.5 working GSX as expected.
Yes, AFCAD from FSX and P3Dv4.5 PANC scenery are different.
For right now, I left FSX with the issue as is. Solution so far is to load other scenery first and then to load PANC. Or, to load PANC and to restart Couatl before continuing with the flight plan.
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 04:34:58 pm »
Yes, I did and it didn't work ...

Why you keep repeating this, after it was obvious from your own screenshot IT DID WORK, and why you keep repeating this, when I clearly explained WHY I said it worked ? I'll repeat it again:

what you reported as a "bug" in GSX that you couldn't exclude Z41, wasn't true. The visibility WORKED, because GSX IS seeing PANC, as clearly indicated in the scenery editor page, which lists PANC as the active airport. So yes, visibility exclusions are working perfectly fine.

So, please, stop saying the GSX visibility "didn't work", because it did. If it really didn't work, GSX menu and the scenery editor would say your are located at Z41! Instead, PANC is listed, which proves the visibility exclusion WORKS.

trisho0

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2021, 05:02:01 am »
I apologize so sorry about this. I am trying to say "didn't work" I meant the jetways didn't go to dock doors regardless if the exclusion Z41 is added or not in CouatlAddons.INI file. I know GSX identified PANC but still "No Jetways Here".
Patricio

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:51:54 pm by virtuali »