Author Topic: GSX2 No Jetways Here ...  (Read 9338 times)

trisho0

GSX2 No Jetways Here ...
« on: February 18, 2021, 05:10:57 am »
Hi to all, I have a concern regarding on the GSX ground services with PANC scenery. I launch FSX with PMDG 737 and after loaded the PANC scenery all SODE jetways are there. I call GSX ground services via CRTL+F12 and the GSX menu pops-up as it should but it says "No Jetways Here".
So, I close the GSX menu and I restart Couatl. I call GSX again and now, the jetways operate nicely. On the way, I load another gate with jetway and all working just fine.
I shut down FSX. Later, I launch the same exactly scenario and again GSX says "No Jetways Here". I restart Couatl and all as normal again. I close FSX and come back, same thing.
Do I have to restart Couatl every time after loaded the scenery? I thought, such "restart couatl" is automatic. Am I missing something?
Patricio

EDIT:
After loading PANC scenery with FSX and GSX still the "No Jetways Here" message and close GSX but I don restart Couatl. So, continuing with this I load another scenery as SAWH and the jetways from SAWH work just fine with GSX. Then, I load back to PANC scenery and the jetways works as expected. It didn't work at first loading.
Is it a "bug"?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:59:06 am by trisho0 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX2 No Jetways Here ...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 11:22:11 am »
Is this the Aerosoft scenery. If so, check to make sure the jetways are actually for Anchorage and not for one of the other two airports that are right next to Anchorage since that scenery comes with two airports that are literally right next to Anchorage. It's possible you were too close to one of these two airports and GSX thinks you're at one of them. Check page 26 of the GSX manual to see how to fix this, so it doesn't do this.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 08:45:49 pm »
Is this the Aerosoft scenery. If so, check to make sure the jetways are actually for Anchorage and not for one of the other two airports that are right next to Anchorage since that scenery comes with two airports that are literally right next to Anchorage. It's possible you were too close to one of these two airports and GSX thinks you're at one of them. Check page 26 of the GSX manual to see how to fix this, so it doesn't do this.
Hello my dear Captain Kevin for your help. So glad to see you again.
I explored the GSX manual page 26 and yes I found the way to fix my Aerosoft Anchorage PANC jetways but not a success.

I edited the CouatlAddons.INI file with:

[gsx]
airport_visibility_z41 = 0
airport_visibility_lhd = 0
airport_visibility_palh = 0

None of those lines did the trick. I tried also with:

airport_visibility_PALH = 0.4

Still not working ... So, I have to keep restarting Couatl after loading PANC in order to let GSX resurrect the jetways docking (lol).

Patricio

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 09:36:24 pm »
I'll have to investigate this the next time I'm home because I do have the Aerosoft scenery, and I don't remember it ever doing this. Are you using the SODE jetways that are available as an option for the scenery or did you use a GSX configuration that had GSX jetways.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 09:57:25 pm »
I'll have to investigate this the next time I'm home because I do have the Aerosoft scenery, and I don't remember it ever doing this. Are you using the SODE jetways that are available as an option for the scenery or did you use a GSX configuration that had GSX jetways.
I appreciate your efforts and help my Captain Kevin!
Regarding on SODE, first I removed original static jetways from the Anchorage-Airport\scenery folder:

PANCjetways.BGL
PANCjetwaysteil2.BGL

Then I added the SODE jetways stuff from http://www.sim-wings.com/SUPPORT_SODE.htm that perfectly match all jetways position. Also, after restart Couatl all jetways docking nicely.
I don't know about GSX configurations and I prefer SODE instead.
Using SODE command SHIFT+D the jetways work. GSX is blind (lol).
Patricio
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:24:34 pm by trisho0 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 10:37:07 pm »
You actually didn't have to remove those files, that installer you got from that link sorts that out automatically for you. In any event, I'll have to investigate this next time I'm home.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 12:37:16 am »
You actually didn't have to remove those files, that installer you got from that link sorts that out automatically for you. In any event, I'll have to investigate this next time I'm home.
Those removed files are static and leaving back as they were originally then we see double jetways. I will double check if GSX can see better now.

EDIT-1:
I placed the removed static 2 files back to the PANC scenery and ran another test. Result was an exact experience as mentioned earlier and this time I saw double jetways. So, I removed the intruders (lol). I can't find yet another attempt to go rid of the blind GSX.
SODE works just fine but GSX still not working unless I restart or rebuild Couatl.

That installer I got from that link will not sort that out automatically for me because it is not an Installer, it is copy/paste SODE files.
Patricio

EDIT-2:
After loaded PANC to Gate B3 which is the testing matter, I changed to another airport and from that airport I came back to PANC then GSX recognized the jetway. I didn't restart Couatl.

Also, after running GSX Liveupdate then I load PANC it is obvious the jetways work because Couatl restart/rebuild process the new update (LOL)

That is really weird!

Patricio
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:44:32 am by trisho0 »

trisho0

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 03:25:01 am »
I just did my last PANC Gate B3 GSX testing. I found so far the only solution is to load the aircraft on any other airport than PANC and then to load on the way the PANC scenery and GSX will recognize jetways. Or, to load directly to PANC and restart Couatl.

If I do a flight plan Departure as any ICAO but PANC then Arrival to PANC, GSX will handle the jetways as expected.
If I do a flight plan Departure with PANC then I have to restart Couatl right after loaded the scenery in order for GSX to handle jetways as expected.

It is a "bug" definitely that needs GSX attention.

The addition of "airport_visibility_z41 = 0  and other exclusions in CouatlAddons.ini file is doing nothing.

Any comments and help are welcome.

Patricio
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:17:37 am by trisho0 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 07:33:06 am »
As I said, I will investigate this when I get home from work, but you have to be patient here since I don't get home for another week and a half.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 01:18:07 pm »
The addition of "airport_visibility_z41 = 0  and other exclusions in CouatlAddons.ini file is doing nothing.

What do you mean "doing nothing" ? Is GSX still assuming you are located at Z41 ?

trisho0

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 04:58:25 pm »

What do you mean "doing nothing" ? Is GSX still assuming you are located at Z41 ?
I meant or trying to explain that by adding any of the following lines in [GSX] group of CouatlAddons.ini file didn't make any differences in order to get GSX working with PANC scenery as expected. Still I think is a "bug" that I would like to report you Umberto. Please, take the time to read this whole thread to learn my experience.
Umberto, if you have any thoughts I would like to follow you up your recommendations how to fix it.

CouatlAddons.INI

[GSX]
airport_visibility_z41 = 0
airport_visibility_lhd = 0
airport_visibility_palh = 0

Patricio

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 05:14:55 pm »
As I said, I will investigate this when I get home from work, but you have to be patient here since I don't get home for another week and a half.
Sorry too fast, I didn't see this reply. You don't get home until almost 2 weeks ahead? Don't you miss home (lol)?

trisho0

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 07:38:37 pm »
I just found P3Dv4 has exactly the same PANC issues in question.
Now 2 different sim with GSX not handling PANC jetways at the first loading.

BUT:
Found P3Dv5 doesn't have such issue.

I think would be great to add a command line telling the Couatl to restart after the first scenery load regarding if FSDT Liveupdate ran before or not.
Patricio
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:44:28 pm by trisho0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 11:10:04 pm »
I meant or trying to explain that by adding any of the following lines in [GSX] group of CouatlAddons.ini file didn't make any differences in order to get GSX working with PANC scenery as expected.

And that's precisely why I asked if GSX still thinks it's located at z41. Is it ?

trisho0

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 11:58:41 pm »
I meant or trying to explain that by adding any of the following lines in [GSX] group of CouatlAddons.ini file didn't make any differences in order to get GSX working with PANC scenery as expected.

And that's precisely why I asked if GSX still thinks it's located at z41. Is it ?
Hi Umberto and many thanks for helping me on this. I don't know what GSX is looking at but I added the line airport_visibility_z41 = 0 and airport_visibility_lhd = 0 in CouatlAddons.INI
I found the Z41 and LHD almost in the center of the PANC airport stock by looking from ADE. So, I added those ICAO to exclude them following the idea from Captain Kevin to look at the GSX manual page 26. I guess GSX still looking at Z41 and LHD. I removed those added lines and leave the INI file as it was because there are no difference, GSX doesn't look at the exclusions.
What do you think or what can I try? I don't mind testing for you, it's fun.
Patricio