Author Topic: Suddenly... very faint sounds  (Read 1765 times)

cconesa

Suddenly... very faint sounds
« on: February 28, 2021, 04:44:00 am »
Hi,

No idea what has happened but all of a sudden the pushback sounds on GSX2 are very faint and almost inaudible. Haven't done anything to my P3Dv5.1 HF1 other than installing the newly released B777X package. Any ideas or suggestions?. Can the volume be adjusted other than within P3D (tried that) or GSX (tried that too!) itself?.

REgards,

Christian C.

cconesa

Re: Suddenly... very faint sounds
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 05:11:39 am »
A further finding, when using FSLabs A3XX, there is the provision to increase the volume of the ground connection in GSX via a comms button in the cockpit. It works and the volume goes up and down and the communication levels of GSX are back to normal. I wonder if FSLabs creates an issue attaching the volume level to a different level to the other aircraft (i.e. gets stucks in a lower volume level).

Anyone experienced this?.

Christian C.

w6kd

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 04:35:39 pm »
Hola Christian, long time no see.

Beware, there was a recent Windows update (KB4601319) that caused this same problem on my system.  It's called "sound ducking" in Windows parlance.   It started happening a week or two ago, and sometimes messing with sound volume controls fixed it...sometimes not.  Uninstalling that Windows update stopped the behavior.

Regards

Bob Scott

cconesa

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 05:01:24 pm »
Hi Bob, good to hear from you!. How are you keeping?.

It is weird... I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX2. Nothing. Change the playback device and it worked. Back to the default device... problem is back. Started FSLabs, played around with the intercom and volume control, it worked. Restarted P3D with another aircraft and it is all back to normal.

My suspicion is that there is something with the volume control on the FSLabs aircraft... It's happened before and somehow got resolved but always FSLabs seems to the last known aircraft before it all went wrong... And don't get me wrong, I love FSLabs...

Take care, my friend.

Christian C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 12:41:33 pm »
It is weird... I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX2. Nothing.

If you reinstall GSX because of this, you are only wasting your time, since GSX at no time every tries to control the audio volume. The only time it does that, if you change the audio volume slider in the GSX Settings, but other than that, it will never touch it again.

So, anything that happens to the audio volume is completely happening outside GSX control, so it's useless trying to fix it reinstalling GSX.

cconesa

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 03:01:06 pm »
Thank you, Umberto. Yes, I get it but this has now happened twice to me now and it always seems to be connected to the FSLabs A3XX. My suspicion is centered in the FSLabs control knob in the radio panel that allows for the GSX volume to go up or down. Have you ever tested GSX with FSLabs and played around with the volume adjustment in the panel?.

Christian C.