Author Topic: Pushback never completed?  (Read 2376 times)

lchannell

Pushback never completed?
« on: August 03, 2020, 09:19:11 pm »
FSLABS A 320X in p3dV5

GSX Failed to complete the PB.  When prompted stated that engines were not started?  They were both running.

Therafter I could not taxi as the aircraft would not move, even though both were seen to be running at TOGA power!

Very confusing.

I have had the product 2 days and I have spent my flying time this evening trying to resolve an issue I never had three days ago, only change is that I installed GSX and level 2 :(

All help apreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback never completed?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 10:46:38 pm »
GSX Failed to complete the PB.  When prompted stated that engines were not started?  They were both running.

What do you mean "when prompted" ? If you mean the GSX menu that asks to confirm engine startup, one of the options there is precisely to continue with pushback, ignoring the engine status, if for any reason they cannot be detected if running or not.

lchannell

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 11:50:35 pm »
In that instance, The GSX dialog was as if the engines had not been started.

I am still having issues and have opened another thread, but the problems are much the same.

Having flown and landed the GSX window would not open.  I used panel manager and opened the Simconnect window, which showed GSX still in Pushback mode, I had the option to Stop PB or abort.  Neither of which worked.

Seems that for me GSX will not finish the PB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 10:11:09 pm »
In that instance, The GSX dialog was as if the engines had not been started.

But as I've said, one of the option of that dialog is to just ignore it and proceed.

lchannell

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:54:11 pm »
Still having issues with this.

GSX is integrated into the FSlabs A320 and that is what I use.  During Push Back, GSX sets the Nose Wheel Steering Disc in the FSLabs.  I know this because the dsiplay shows it happening and the onlything that can make that happen is software from either GSX or FSLabs.

If I choose to ignore as you suggest the NWS disc is still engaged and I have NO steering.  Thus I am placed in the position where I cannot steer the aircraft.   This interaction ONLY happens when I use GSX, so I assume (as I am not sure) that is being created by GSX and not FSlabs (Has to be one or the other right)?

Last time this happened I reinstalled GSX and it all worked again.  Now here I am again and it is once again broken

Do I need to reinstall GSX for a 3rd time???

Nb on the FSlabs forum, it was stated that GSX can be quirky at times.

Thanks in advance.

Leslie

lchannell

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 08:28:35 pm »
For anyone following:

I reported this on the FS Labs forum also.

For me, the fix seems to be to run the FSDT live update tool after every installation of a new FSLabs livery.  Now I know, I will do this each time.

Thanks to everyone for adding comments, I have a way forward at least. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 04:27:45 pm »
For me, the fix seems to be to run the FSDT live update tool after every installation of a new FSLabs livery.  Now I know, I will do this each time.

This seems to indicate one of your add-on is forcing the simulator to run into a wrong Compatibility mode, because one of the things the Live Updater does, is to reset all compatibility flags for the simulator to their correct values.

However, I don't see how this could possibly affect Pushback or the dialog.

There's a known bug in P3D V5 that results in the menu ( so it's no the "GSX menu", it's the standard Simconnect menu used by all apps and also the default ATC ) that gets "stuck", and the only fix is to restart the sim. This has been discussed so many time already, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24661.msg163468.html#msg163468

there's a very long thread at LM forum, where multiple users have confirmed it can happen with every application that has a menu and can be fixed by reverting P3D to use the previous Scaleform menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24661.msg163780.html#msg163780

So, perhaps this is what you are really looking at, it's not GSX Pushback that has a problem, but the menu itself.