Author Topic: Performance improvement help with KLAX  (Read 5089 times)

ywg256

Performance improvement help with KLAX
« on: February 06, 2021, 06:34:28 pm »
Umberto, I am hoping you can maybe throw some suggestions at me in trying to get a bit better frames than I am seeing at the moment at KLAX (by the way not blaming your addon, I realize there are a ton of variables at play but hoping you can help). As I posted in other thread my system is a 10850K @ 4.9 and just picked up a 3090 24gb card a couple weeks ago. I have 32gb ram and 3 ssd drives with windows on a a separate drive.  My settings are set roughly down the middle for autogen with distance set to medium. I have most shadows on, road traffic at 0% and I limit AIGAIM traffic to 70. I also do not use truesky and use activesky along with envtex and envshade. I do not use ORBX california of any kind and only have olc NA. I do not use any kind of photoscenery or any other add ons in the area and the aircraft I primarily use is Aerosoft A320 series. In VC mode with all of these settings I am in the low 20's and can't get any higher although I am confident you might be able to help in getting me a few more frames. I am sure I am doing something wrong or am missing something to try.

Any suggestions you can throw at me? For the most part my system chugs along fine other than KLAX KORD v2 KJFK CYYZ(I gave up on looking for support from FT).

Thanks,
Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Performance improvement help with KLAX
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 07:50:59 pm »
Yes, there are too many variables so, the only sensible way to test this, is to disable all add-ons  ( start with setting AI traffic to 0% ), use a default airplane, so you can get a feeling of how the scenery really performs.

Then re-enable add-ons, one by one, and see the fps impact of each one.

ywg256

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 08:26:54 pm »
I was worried you may say that lol. Ill play around later today and see what i can come up with going step by step as you suggest.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 09:47:03 pm »
 The LA basin with AIG traffic on 70 is probably in the neighborhood of 260 AI aircraft in your bubble. Thats a ton of processing for your system to do let alone even drawing or displaying them. Check out AI Companion from the AIG forum, to help with removing traffic that isn't in your immediate vicinity. It's fully customizable and works awesome.
 https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

ywg256

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 10:43:28 pm »
Thx Dave. I will try it out

So tried it out so far at KLAX and CYYZ.....CYYZ seems to be a total lost cause so far which is super unfortunate but it definitely helped at KLAX. checked out ord v2 and seems the magic number for ai in the area to get 30fps is 80 aircraft. thanks again for the tip on this tool.  This thing is a game changer!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 05:00:54 am by ywg256 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 06:06:48 am »
Good to hear and I'm glad that could help!

Jonald

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 12:39:15 pm »
Umberto, I am hoping you can maybe throw some suggestions at me in trying to get a bit better frames than I am seeing at the moment at KLAX (by the way not blaming your addon, I realize there are a ton of variables at play but hoping you can help). As I posted in other thread my system is a 10850K @ 4.9 and just picked up a 3090 24gb card a couple weeks ago. I have 32gb ram and 3 ssd drives with windows on a a separate drive.  My settings are set roughly down the middle for autogen with distance set to medium. I have most shadows on, road traffic at 0% and I limit AIGAIM traffic to 70. I also do not use truesky and use activesky along with envtex and envshade. I do not use ORBX california of any kind and only have olc NA. I do not use any kind of photoscenery or any other add ons in the area and the aircraft I primarily use is Aerosoft A320 series. In VC mode with all of these settings I am in the low 20's and can't get any higher although I am confident you might be able to help in getting me a few more frames. I am sure I am doing something wrong or am missing something to try.

Any suggestions you can throw at me? For the most part my system chugs along fine other than KLAX KORD v2 KJFK CYYZ(I gave up on looking for support from FT).

Thanks,
Sean

Did you ever manage to find a good fix?

ywg256

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 05:25:28 pm »
Umberto, I am hoping you can maybe throw some suggestions at me in trying to get a bit better frames than I am seeing at the moment at KLAX (by the way not blaming your addon, I realize there are a ton of variables at play but hoping you can help). As I posted in other thread my system is a 10850K @ 4.9 and just picked up a 3090 24gb card a couple weeks ago. I have 32gb ram and 3 ssd drives with windows on a a separate drive.  My settings are set roughly down the middle for autogen with distance set to medium. I have most shadows on, road traffic at 0% and I limit AIGAIM traffic to 70. I also do not use truesky and use activesky along with envtex and envshade. I do not use ORBX california of any kind and only have olc NA. I do not use any kind of photoscenery or any other add ons in the area and the aircraft I primarily use is Aerosoft A320 series. In VC mode with all of these settings I am in the low 20's and can't get any higher although I am confident you might be able to help in getting me a few more frames. I am sure I am doing something wrong or am missing something to try.

Thanks,
Sean

Did you ever manage to find a good fix?

Do you mean for KLAX? Definitely AI in my case (using AI Companion) other than the area overall being a fps hit by default.  Just have to manage settings for ai within your means and you should be ok.  I wish for flightsimming we could all have a magic fix so Umberto and other developers can go on without hearing constant nagging from us due to the fact we are busy flying instead of nagging and tweaking lol. Oh well I guess that is why for us hardcores its more of a hobby than anything else...like model trains etc constant tweaking haha.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:29:19 pm by ywg256 »