Author Topic: KLAX P3Dv5 bug  (Read 21367 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: KLAX P3Dv5 bug
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2021, 08:23:52 pm »
 I don't think PSXseeconTraffic even uses afcads/ade files. Doesn't it use it's own parking algorithm semi based on data in the afcad/ade file? If so, it's probably not going to use jetways.

ywg256

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 06:23:33 pm »
I'm going to chime in and say I too have the floating highway and I do not use ORBX california. I only have OpenLC NA and use v5.1 with the most recent hotfix. I actually had to use scruffyducks software as well to eliminate all of the default scenery but that of course was minor.  Settings are pretty modest for my machine which is 10850K 3090 24GB vid card 32 gb ram ssd drives, the whole deal. I was also going to post hoping you can guide in a direction Umberto to help with performance with KLAX but I will get into detail in another thread. Don't want to derail and hijack this thread with other stuff that is irrelevent to the problem at hand here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 07:56:20 pm »
This thread has been derailed, because DLH7LA converted into a generic rant against FSDT, adding other issues caused by conflicting AFCAD that don't have anything to do with this thread, which is about KLAX.

That floating object at KLAX, which I still cannot reproduce, it's not a problem of a conflicting scenery, since that object IS part of our scenery but, obviously, we surely haven't placed it in the air ( and of course it works with FSX and P3D 1, 2, 3 and 4 up to 4.5. According to your reports, it's only happening with V5, so it's likely a problem caused either by a setting or just an DX12-specific issue but again, unless you could give me some precise reproductions steps, it's impossible for us to even START working on a fix or a workaround, assuming a fix is even possible, and instead the bug will just go away with an update of the sim, just as the supposed bug at KORD V2 ( we also had a floating building there ), which was fixed with an hotfix.

ywg256

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 08:28:33 pm »
In the grand scheme of things a floating highway is the least of my worries vs trying to get my rig to 30fps at klax. If i can get that i really couldnt give a hoot about a floating highway haha.

Wise87

KLAX P3Dv5 bug
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2021, 12:18:41 am »
I also have the floating highway on a clean install. I read the forums and know It can’t be reproduced. I just wanted to add my name to the list. I can live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 11:30:26 am »
I also have the floating highway on a clean install. I read the forums and know It can’t be reproduced. I just wanted to add my name to the list. I can live with it.

What do you mean with "clean install" ? Clean install of the simulator ? which means:

- Uninstalling ALL your add-ons first

- Uninstall P3D

- Remove the P3D folder if was still there ( the P3D uninstaller won't do that )

- Remove ALL your settings from %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin, %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin and %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin ( the P3D uninstaller won't do that )

- Remove ALL the folders in Documents\Prepar3d v5 Addons ( the P3D uninstaller won't do that ), to prevent add-ons registered there to restart automatically on the next reinstall.

If you haven't done all of that, is not a clean reinstall.

Or, clean reinstall of the whole OS, which is really clean only if you opted to lose all your program and settings ?

It might have been useful if you could try changing some settings in the sim to see if there's a specific one that might eventually make it disappear, that might give us at least an hint about what could be. I could do that but, since I already said I cannot reproduce it, that kind of help can only come from somebody that can.

Of course, in addition to your precise, exact, settings in the sim, please also indicate which airplane you use.

Wise87

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2021, 12:55:40 pm »
Clean install for me is a brand new PC build with latest Windows 10 install and just purchased P3Dv5.1 on a brand new SSD. I tried the QW787 and the PMDG 737 with same results. I will try different settings and see what effect it has.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 03:31:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2021, 03:34:12 pm »
Clean install for me is a brand new PC build

But since you haven't said that, I couldn't possibly guess it without asking first.

I tried the QW787 and the PMDG 737 with same results

So you made a clean install of Windows, but your simulator already includes some add-ons, so that's not a "clean" install, not of the simulator anyway.

Which other add-ons are you using in P3D ? OrbX perhaps ? According to all reports, the only thing that seems constant is that most that have that issue use something from OrbX.

Huck74

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 10:07:43 pm »
I was having the issue as well.

I tried this below, and it seems to have solved the issue for me.

You might start with resetting your shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5\Shaders

Thanks Umberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2021, 11:01:41 pm »
I was having the issue as well.

I tried this below, and it seems to have solved the issue for me.

I was fairly sure it wasn't a scenery problem, but an issue with the sim installation, at least in your case but, it surely seem to indicate there's nothing wrong with the scenery itself.

airbadger

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2021, 11:18:32 pm »
So has anyone *actually* found a solution to this bug? Clearing shaders has nothing to do with this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2021, 10:18:52 pm »
So has anyone *actually* found a solution to this bug? Clearing shaders has nothing to do with this.

The previous user did find a solution that worked for him so, at least in HIS case clearing the shaders HAD a lot to do with this problem, clearly proving the scenery didn't had anything wrong.

If it's not working for you, it's likely something ELSE in your simulator install or configuration that is not right, most likely a tweak or a setting, either in the sim itself, but possibly a tweak in drivers settings too.

airbadger

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2021, 05:25:51 pm »

The previous user did find a solution that worked for him so, at least in HIS case clearing the shaders HAD a lot to do with this problem, clearly proving the scenery didn't had anything wrong.

If it's not working for you, it's likely something ELSE in your simulator install or configuration that is not right, most likely a tweak or a setting, either in the sim itself, but possibly a tweak in drivers settings too.

Can you please post a file that removes the highway? I'm done spending time on this.