Author Topic: Compatability with KNQX scenery?  (Read 3019 times)

flying_chkn

Compatability with KNQX scenery?
« on: February 04, 2021, 10:47:25 pm »
I've really been enjoying your KEYW scenery, very well done! I did notice that another designer has released scenery for the nearby Naval Air Station Key West which looks interesting. I know you have some modeled components for KNQX. Just curious if you know of any compatibility issues, although of course I realize it's not your job to ensure your scenery doesn't conflict with other 3ds part designers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Compatability with KNQX scenery?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 11:15:12 am »
No idea how compatibility issues.

I *guess* that designer, having released Key West NAS several months after our KEYW, might have checked for it and hopefully took care of it or, at least, provide with some instructions.

Assuming there are compatibility issues, they might be fixed if you remove two .BGL from our scenery package with *KQNX in their name ( data and exclude ), this will surely work if you bought our KEYW on FSDT store or on Simmarket.

If you bought it on the MS Marketplace, there might be a problem, since it's not possible to selectively remove .BGLs from a scenery, since they are compacted in a single encrypted file. Maybe, in this case, rearranging the scenery order the Content.xml file might work.