Author Topic: KSDF for MSFS2020 install location.  (Read 3576 times)

Wise87

KSDF for MSFS2020 install location.
« on: January 27, 2021, 07:13:11 pm »
FSDT
I just finished building a new PC and I have a dedicated SSD for P3Dv5 (C:\) and one for MSFS2020 (D:\). I just purchased KSDF for MSFS2020 and noticed it installed into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. Can it be installed on my dedicated D:\MSFS2020\Community so I don't fill up my C:\ with files from 2020?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:15:08 pm by Wise87 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KSDF for MSFS2020 install location.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 05:08:08 pm »
You can install everywhere but, the first time you install any FSDT product ( regardless if it's for FSX, P3D or MSFS ), it will ASK for the Addon Manager folder, which will hold all FSDT products together, so they can be updated all in one go with the FSDT Live Update

However, they must all stay together and, to prevent you from spreading them around, the installation folder is asked only the first time, then it's saved and all subsequent FSDT sceneries will automatically go there, so you won't risk having them in all separate folders, which will completely screw up the installation and the updates.

If you realized you don't like you original choice anymore, the one and only safe way to do this is:

- Uninstall all your FSDT product ( all of them, regardless for the simulator )

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" made at the end. THIS is what allows you to choose a new folder on the next reinstall.

- Reinstall the first FSDT product ( it doesn't matter which one ), and notice you WILL be asked for a destination folder, which you can choose freely

- Reinstall all the others, and notice they'll all automatically go in the path you chose for the first one.