Author Topic: Have a talk about the payment process  (Read 748 times)

P3D Pilot

Have a talk about the payment process
« on: August 19, 2023, 04:27:55 pm »
Good day, hope y´all doing well,
curious if that´s normal in flightsimming nowadays. Currently trying to get my hands on KIAH, KCLT and KORD. Got an E-Mail with the information, that my order has to be checked and they will contact me within 4 hours, 24 hours the latest. Still nothing, still much time to go until we hit 24 hours but like if I now go to Aerosoft who still sell disks and order a boxed version of an addon, it will be physically delivered in less than 24 hours. That´s literally the first time in my life now that a digital copy and a digital order takes more than like 30 seconds to complete. What´s actually happening here?

The seller does even say that payment hasn´t even arrived yet. Wonder to where the money has gone. Have FSDT gone impostor mode now?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Have a talk about the payment process
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 05:05:14 pm »
Payments are handled via Digital River, so you'd need to contact Digital River for any issues regarding transactions. I'm not sure what country you're living in, so I don't know if that could be an issue.
Captain Kevin

P3D Pilot

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 07:43:46 pm »
Yh, I know. They don´t have a phone number anywhere, you can only use their contact formula. Nothing is specifically linked to the order. Processing payments but not providing a phone number for instant support. That´s customer service at its worst!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 02:57:04 pm »
Nothing is specifically linked to the order.

Have you used this page to find your order ?

https://account.mycommerce.com/FindMyOrder/GetInfo

Was your failed order found ?

I checked the support email, and you never contacted us for clarification. You should always use the email support for questions about orders and payments. Had you done that, we could have told you something about what happened to your order. Because, as far as we can tell from the error code we got from Digital River, your order has been canceled so, it seems that:

- Digital River delayed your order first for some reason: *something* about it must have triggered some kind of security check in their system but, again, we don't know exactly what was it (and they won't tell us), which caused your order to be delayed to do extra checks.

- Digital River must have found something "wrong" with it, and they CANCELED IT.

Since we are not a party in the monetary transaction, which is between YOU and Digital River, we cannot possibly know exactly why this happened, Digital River will only disclose that information to you directly. They took the money and, after a cancelation, they have the responsibility to return it. You can be sure we are not getting any payment for orders not completely successfully, since we are paid by Digital River the following month and, obviously, only for orders that has been completed successfully, and yours surely hasn't.

Of course, had you done the right thing, and contacted support by email as you are supposed to do, we would have explained this by email, and provide your with the only extra information we have, which you could have used to report the precise error code to Digital River, but the end result wouldn't be different: you would STILL have to contact Digital River for a proper clarification and, any refund for the canceled order is their responsibility.

I'll make another example, which might be a bit more clear.

You log into AMAZON, to buy the latest game from EA. You make the order, for for some reason it doesn't go through. Do you go to the EA forum ( or even contact their support ), calling them "impostors", because AMAZON failed to process your payment ?

Because, this is what you are really doing here.

The other problem with your entire post, is that you assumed what happened with your order was "normal", something that should have been obvious it's not the case, since it wasn't your first order, so your "impostor" sentence is even more disturbing. While still wrong for somebody ordering for the first time (ask clarifications first, *then* start accusations), it's completely out of place for somebody that already ordered something not long ago so, clearly, it should have been obvious to you it wasn't "normal" for an order to be delayed for extra checks and eventually cancelled, and the real normal is you always get your activation key immediately, which I'm sure is what happened with your previous orders.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 03:03:33 pm by virtuali »