Author Topic: Dynamic Lighting idea  (Read 2631 times)

josh_drummond

Dynamic Lighting idea
« on: January 20, 2021, 10:58:26 pm »
I had an idea for dynamic lighting.  I know with a lot of payware scenery you have dynamic lighting on the terminal areas where the jetways are and parking spots.  On P3D the default scenery has no dynamic lighting what so ever at default airports.  It would be nice to have something available where you can actually see at night where to line your plane up and park.  Would this be possible to add custom light stand option with apron lighting on GSX2 jetway configurations?  This would be totally awesome and liven up the airport a ton and make it easier to see to park.  This would bring soooo much to afcad developers for the sim as an option.  I think this would be a huge benefit to users of GSX2 to enhance default airports even more.

The dynamic apron light option would be available at each custom parking spot within the GSX2 airport customization options.

This would be sweet!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dynamic Lighting idea
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 11:17:20 am »
We have been considering a complete Dynamic lights editor for GSX since a long time.

Then, of course, MSFS 2020 was announced, so before adding anything really new, we'll first have to release GSX for MSFS, and then go back to adding new features.

josh_drummond

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 07:10:03 am »
I am anxiously waiting the update for this.  Some of the default airports are somewhat decent to fly into.  Haven't dynamic ramp lights at them would be a really nice addition to the product.  I use GSX EVERY time I fly.  Thanks Umberto for the update.

Airmaz1

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 07:32:04 pm »
Sorry to post in an old thread but i also thought about this recently too, would be great if we could set up dynamic lighting with your editor.

you could have a selection of light poles and just a dynamic light source with no pole to place on existing light masts.

Great idea!

josh_drummond

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 12:30:09 am »
I like that idea.  It sucks coming into an airport and there's nothing on the tarmac to see where the heck to park.  P3D defaults aren't too bad in some cases.  You're right at stands where there's no jetways a light pole with lighting would help!