Author Topic: Low fuel truck option yet?  (Read 2409 times)

Destroy

Low fuel truck option yet?
« on: January 17, 2021, 04:04:53 pm »
History searching show a few mentions of a lower height fuel truck in the works. (to go under 'most' tubeliner's wings that don't meet the 3.65m height)

Is this lower fuel truck available yet? If so, where/how? If not, has this planned feature been reneged?

Thank you.

Llondon

Destroy

Re: Low fuel truck option yet?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 11:21:26 pm »
So the fuel hydrant truck is suppose to be the low profile fuel truck for tubliner planes with lower wings? Somehow I don't think so but I can wait for virtuali to confirm.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 11:43:50 pm »
So the fuel hydrant truck is suppose to be the low profile fuel truck for tubliner planes with lower wings? Somehow I don't think so but I can wait for virtuali to confirm.
That looks more like a third-party work-around rather than something official.
Captain Kevin

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 08:05:33 am »
You can get a hydrant truck under the wing of a Boeing 737NG but its really close (where the actual hookup is IRL).  Thats why you see in pictures/videos that most of those hydrant trucks end up parking next to the wing or at the end of the wing cause most airlines dont want potential damage if it can be avoided.  Anything taller than an A320 series or more have plenty of clearance between the wing and vehicle.  Im hoping that eventually, we get to customize where the truck parks in relation to the refuel/defuel panel.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:51:54 am by nickac1092 »
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 10:26:29 am »
Right now, you can easily fit the fuel hydrant under a 737 if you just move the refueling point closer to the wingtip.

With other airplanes, like the MD-80, this is not really feasible, and will require a completely new kind of service with a completely new ground crew animation that, instead of using a raising platform, will use another cable a step ladder to reach the wing ( in some cases not even a step ) so, as with all the other things related to GSX features in general, this will have to wait until after we'll release GSX for MSFS 2020, which is everything we are working at it now, when GSX is concerned.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 10:54:46 am »
Right now, you can easily fit the fuel hydrant under a 737 if you just move the refueling point closer to the wingtip.

Yea if you want to do that unrealistically which is basically a workaround for now.  I prefer to have it where the actual panel is...  But anyways, that sounds good to see that updates are coming soon for GSX for the other sims.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*