Author Topic: GSX Menu takes me to wrong position SOLVED  (Read 4161 times)

wim2000

GSX Menu takes me to wrong position SOLVED
« on: January 16, 2021, 11:14:28 am »
Thank you for reading this (or replying). My problem is the GSX menu (Ctrl F12 > runway ...) puts every plane in P3dv5 in a wrong position outside the airport. I did a reinstall of P3D but this did not help, I disconnected ORBX, did not help, removed FS2Crew, did not help. Reinstalled GSX, did not help. Looked at the forum, did not see this problem before. Does somebody know or experienced this problem with GSX?
I do not have this problem with FSX. only with P3Dv5. In P3Dv5 using navigation > go to airport puts the plan in the right position, So only the GSX menu gives this problem. Thanks (and waiting for solutions)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:49:41 am by wim2000 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Menu takes me to wrong position
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 07:36:31 am »
Which airport are you at and which airport is GSX putting you at.
Captain Kevin

wim2000

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 09:21:49 am »
Good day, it happens on all airports  :(

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 02:07:25 pm »
This tells me literally nothing.
Captain Kevin

wim2000

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 03:01:44 pm »
Has it something to do with AFCAD settings?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 03:36:06 pm »
I don't know. You didn't give me any information to work with. I don't know if you started at PANC and it put you at one of the two airports that's right next to that airport, or if you started in New York and it put you in Tokyo instead.
Captain Kevin

wim2000

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 05:52:55 pm »
Thank you for replying, it must be a conflict with other software. When I use the menu of P3Dv5 the spots are ok. For example take me to runway 19L. But when I use the GSX menu the plane is placed outside the airport. It happens on every airport. The problem is I can not use the FSX menu to put me on a spot or runway.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 02:41:18 am »
And yet I still have no information on exactly how off it is for you.
Captain Kevin

elac1

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 08:38:05 am »
G'day,

Just saw this post and it also happened to me.
P3Dv4.5 (latest), OTHH (T2G). I set the gate as A5 in P3D and the aircraft is correctly situated.
When I start GSX2 it gives me the option to warp directly to the gate. I select A5 and the aircraft lands up at a taxiway intersection.

I suspected an older AFCAD being the culprit so I downloaded a newer one from Avsim but I still get the same issue. I have tried it at LGAV as well but GSX2 seems to work ok there.

Hope this gives you something to go on.

Cheers,

Tony

edit: I ran FSDT Live Update but still no joy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 08:40:12 am by elac1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 10:51:43 am »
Just saw this post and it also happened to me. P3Dv4.5 (latest), OTHH (T2G). I set the gate as A5 in P3D and the aircraft is correctly situated.

I suspected an older AFCAD being the culprit so I downloaded a newer one from Avsim but I still get the same issue. I have tried it at LGAV as well but GSX2 seems to work ok there.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the OP, which reportedly happens on every airport.

If yours happen on a specific airport, it's a problem caused by another scenery in conflict, or for some reason the AFCAD that comes with the airport has been discarded. The GSX parking customization page will tell you the name of the AFCAD in use, which should be the first thing you should check when you suspect the corrent AFCAD might have not be used.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 10:53:54 am by virtuali »

elac1

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 10:33:27 pm »
G'day Umberto and thanks for the response.

I checked both the actual scenery path in the simulator and the path that the GSX editor is using and they are the same so I am ruling out the suggestion that the AFCAD has been discarded.
It must be a conflict but prior to yesterday when I first noticed this anomaly, OTHH was working perfectly well with GSX both on departure and arrival.

Nothing has changed on my machine (except for the addition of an Audigy soundcard - which has caused issues with frames on some aircraft add-ons but that's neither here nor there).

Any suggestions as to where I might look for possible scenery conflicts?

Cheers,

Tony

wim2000

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 11:03:53 am »
Thanks Captain Kevin, Tony and Umberto

My problem is when I ask the GSX menu to bring me to a runway or to bring me to a parking spot. It happens on all airports (ORBX, Aerosoft etc). GSX puts the plane about 2 miles near the right spot. When I use the P3D menu (navigation> go to airport) every thing works fine
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:49:02 am by wim2000 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 11:31:53 am »
I checked both the actual scenery path in the simulator and the path that the GSX editor is using and they are the same so I am ruling out the suggestion that the AFCAD has been discarded.

If GSX is using what looks like the correct AFCAD, and it positions the airplane in the wrong position ( and HOW wrong ? Just a few meters, or some miles, like the other user reported ? ), you should then check if using the simulator own Go To Airport command send you to the correct position or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 11:34:12 am »
My problem is when I ask the GSX menu to bring me to a runway or to bring me to a parking spot. It happens on all airports (ORBX, Aerosoft etc). GSX puts the plane about 2 miles near the right spot.

2 miles away on every airport is not a problem of reading the wrong AFCAD, it most likely the usual problem of having one of your joysticks not calibrated, possibly a joystick you don't even use, but the sim has assigned some Slew axes to it, just because it's installed in Windows.

The solution is either fix the joystick null zones, or remove all joystick axes connected to the Slew events from that joystick.

wim2000

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 10:30:09 am »
Thanks very very much, My Saitek pedals caused the problem. I am really happy it is solved now
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:51:06 am by wim2000 »