Author Topic: Cannot re-activate in Add-ons.xml  (Read 3861 times)

MediumRareBaku

Cannot re-activate in Add-ons.xml
« on: January 15, 2021, 03:59:15 am »
So I recently started using the FSDT KORD alongside the Drzewiecki KMDW, but I ran into the issue of bad performance in the area due to both airports being so relatively close to each other. No problem, I said, I will just de-activate the other one from whichever one I'm using for today's flight.

I tried this first by disabling FSDT KORD to use KMDW, but the trouble is I can't get it re-activated. When I go into the Add-Ons menu in P3D it's deactivated, and if I check the box, hit OK, and load into the sim it's un-ticked the box and stays deactivated. If I activate it and reload the sim, same thing. I also can't reactivate it in Lorby. It's not even in my add-ons.cfg file to manually activate, there's no entry for it.

I know if I uninstall and reinstall it it will likely be active again, but this has worked with other airports (like KMDW) so I'm confused why it's doing this now.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot re-activate in Add-ons.xml
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 10:35:39 am »
Our add-on.xml is 100% standard so, there's no special reason why you couldn't reactivate it from within the simulator interface.

You will surely have to restart the sim, because parts of the scenery are generated by the Couatl scripting engine software ( every interactive part, basically), which doesn't continuously re-check and rebuild its airport cache each time you use the Options-Add-on menu to re-enable a scenery, it only does that on the next sim restart.

I cannot explain why you don't see the scenery in Lorby, I can only confirm the add-on.xml is 100% following the most proper standard: it's located in the Documents\Prepar3d Addons folder ( 4 or 5 depending on the version ), so it's supposed to always work, at least it surely works when it's created by our installer, can't say what might happen if it's modified externally.

You said "it's not in my add-ons.cfg file", there are TWO add-ons.cfg files, one in %APPDATA% another one in %PROGRAMDATA%, both locations are valid, and by default, if you run our installer, you'll should find it in the add-on.cfg in %PROGRAMDATA%

MediumRareBaku

Re: Cannot re-activate in Add-ons.xml
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 04:01:56 pm »
Ah -- Found it in the program data one and manually activating it there stuck this time. Not sure why I couldn't re-activate it in the sim menu, but all is well that ends well I suppose. Thanks.