Author Topic: GSX CTRL, SHIFT + F12 not bring up YouControl Menu  (Read 2461 times)

cgood124

GSX CTRL, SHIFT + F12 not bring up YouControl Menu
« on: January 13, 2021, 10:55:04 pm »
Greetings all.

I was wondering if anyone has this issue or know of a solution this is.

Basically, I have reinstalled P3D 4.5 due to other issues but redownloaded and and updated GSX.

I only have a few addons installed at present and do not want to install any more until GSX starts working correctly.
Using Aerosoft Airbus A330, Flytampa EHAM (with Airline2Sim GSX profile), chase plane, active sky.

When loading aircraft in the airport (any gate) after a while, the GSX jetway shows up but I am unable to get the GSX menu to show (CTRL, SHIFT + F12 or CTRL +F12)

Yes Antivirus does have exceptions for GSX Addon folder, Yes firewall has been disabled, Using Windows 10 Home (latest version).

Any help would been grateful.

Many thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX CTRL, SHIFT + F12 not bring up YouControl Menu
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 09:39:16 am »
Engines running or not. If you're at the gate, you'll want the engines shut down since it's obviously a terrible idea to do the turn-around with the engines running. I don't remember if you need the parking brakes set or not.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:53:41 am »
You surely need to have both engines off and parking brakes on before being able to call GSX. However, if you don't, you are supposed to see a message *and* a sound, to warn you you can't call GSX unless you turn off the engines and set the parking brakes.

if you only hear a sound, it means GSX is trying to tell you something, but you don't see the message, because messages has been disabled in the Info settings of the sim.

if you don't even even get the warning sound, but you DO see the GSX jetways, it's seems GSX is loading, but for some reason hasn't recognized the airport. Do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message when starting ?

cgood124

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 01:44:59 pm »
Hello.

Thank you for getting back to me.
I load up the sim, the aircraft is in cold and dark state so engines off and brakes are set. I get no notification or sound, I do not see “Airport cache loaded successfully” when loading up.
Customizing the parking option and being able to change the short cut key options works without issues

If I try and restart the airport database then I loose the GSX menu and both Coutlai menu goes and i get ledt with just the addon manager, sode and another menu.

When i get a chance I will get back on the sim and double chexk the parking brakes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:52:27 pm »
If I try and restart the airport database then I loose the GSX menu and both Coutlai menu goes and i get ledt with just the addon manager, sode and another menu.

It's possible a corrupted .BGL is stopping the cache regeneration and crashing Couatl. Try to exit, run the FSDT Live Update, and enter again. See if the cache is regenerated on the next start, and if it completes with no errors.

cgood124

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 10:28:50 pm »
I manage to exit without problems, I am able to run the updater and run P3D again.

No jetways shows, no menu when pressed, as soon as I press restart Couatl with or without regeneration of cache the GSX Menu and Couatl menu disapears.

Any ideas?

cgood124

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 11:51:06 pm »
Right I have an update.

After fully uninstalling GSX and all remaing files / folders associated, I have managed to fully reinstall GSX and now is fully operational.

Thanks for trying to help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 11:00:32 am »
After fully uninstalling GSX and all remaing files / folders associated, I have managed to fully reinstall GSX and now is fully operational.

I guess the corrupted file was one of the GSX configuration files, like an airport customization or a preference file.