Author Topic: MSFS changing install location  (Read 2630 times)

Martin99

MSFS changing install location
« on: January 10, 2021, 06:30:48 pm »
Hi,
I've installed 4 products from simmarket (CYVR, KEYW, KORD, LSZH) and they are installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS".

I want to move them to another location. Is there only the way to deinstall them and make a fresh install?

Regards,
Martin

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: MSFS changing install location
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 08:56:48 pm »
Yes, and when it asks if you want to remove the Add-on Manager, select yes. When you run the installer for the first FSDreamteam product, it will ask where you want to install the Add-on Manager. The other three won't ask this. I don't specify which add-on because it doesn't matter which one you install first.
Captain Kevin

Martin99

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 08:15:33 pm »
Thanks,
deinstalled all 4 products, but there was no way to deinstall the addon manager. I don't have other products from fsdt installed. How can I deinstall the addon manager itself?

Solved, simply deleted the folder "addon manager" and installed the first scenery again. Then it asks where to install the addon manager again.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:21:23 pm by Martin99 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 09:28:20 pm »
When you uninstalled the sceneries, it should have asked if you want to remove the Add-on Manager. Did it not do this?
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 07:44:00 am »
Solved, simply deleted the folder "addon manager" and installed the first scenery again. Then it asks where to install the addon manager again.

You are not supposed to do this manually, there's a question at the end of the installation which asks if you want to remove the Addon Manager and, if you reply YES, it will remove the Addon Manager AND clear a registry key that stores its location.

THIS ( the registry key reset done by the Uninstaller ) is what causes the next reinstall to ask you again for a new location for the Addon Manager.

Martin99

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 08:30:28 pm »
There was no question. Maybe many years ago I had a product for P3Dv2 from FSDT installed which doesn't exist in the meantime. Also my Win10 Version was a Win7 version 8 years ago.
But now I was able to install all 4 products for MSFS in the right location.

Thank you for your feedback.