Author Topic: In MSFS, how do I know there's an update available?  (Read 2285 times)

edwardpat

In MSFS, how do I know there's an update available?
« on: January 07, 2021, 02:34:57 pm »
I have two FSDT products installed in MSFS, and both purchased at SimMarket. How do I know in case there's an update available?, via SimMarket itself or like it is in P3D on which you get an in-sim notification?
Thanks, Ed

DFWSupertrooper

Re: In MSFS, how do I know there's an update available?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 03:43:02 am »
I have two FSDT products installed in MSFS, and both purchased at SimMarket. How do I know in case there's an update available?, via SimMarket itself or like it is in P3D on which you get an in-sim notification?
Thanks, Ed

Hey, Ed...Every few days or so, if I haven't heard anything, I run an update on all my add-ons (Contrail, Orbx Central, FBW A32NX, and my FSDT Updater).  I then restart and run MSFS.  It keeps me up to date this way.

edwardpat

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 02:36:16 pm »
Hi, thanks.
In some of the apps you mention they advert you when an update is available (Contrail, ORBX Central). For the WT and FBS-a320 you should check for yourself in their places. But with FSDT, unless you run the updater, I'm at a loss, because even after running the FSDT Updater I don't exactly know if something was updated or simply overwritten. Also, if you also have FSDT products for P3D installed, you don't exactly know if the updates are for P3D or MSFS.
I'm not getting either any notifications from SimMarket about FSDT updates (having checked the option to receive notifications when a product is updated).
Cheers, Ed
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:38:55 pm by edwardpat »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 06:02:06 pm »
The Live Update *notification* was a feature offered by GSX/Couatl engine, so it will come back again with GSX for MSFS.