Author Topic: complete new build  (Read 2392 times)

mazelda

complete new build
« on: January 06, 2021, 02:21:10 pm »
Hi guys,
Apologies if this is an age old topic but i'm age old!

After waiting several years I'm finally building a new pc which i should have all done in the next few weeks.
i've decided to start from scratch and reinstall everything onto a new and faster drive on the new pc. So my question is, as I have FSDT software across p3dv4,v5 and msfs 2020 what will be the easiest way to go, so that i don't incure problems with registration and installation. all 3 flightsims will be going on the new hard drive.

many thanks

VitaminA330

Re: complete new build
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 05:44:02 pm »
Hello!

I would say deactivate as many addons as possible before removing them. That normally saves you another activation for the case that you're about to run out of them.
In some cases you can do that manually (such as FSDT), in the case of P3d itself you are asked to deactivate it while you uninstall the client.
I forgot some of them last time I did this and so some developers had to reset my activation limit manually - which I could have avoided.

Regards, Dominik

mazelda

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 06:46:40 pm »
Thanks Dominik,

Do you know if you  can download a standalone version for the FSDT live updater?

Pete

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 10:47:01 pm »
As far as I'm aware, you can't download the updater on its own. Once you install an FSDreamteam add-on, it gets installed.
Captain Kevin

JMTSS3

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 06:00:13 am »
Yes, and once there it is there forever!
I cannot change, delete, uninstall or move it and now NONE of my FSDT scenery will work!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 07:35:25 am »
Yes, and once there it is there forever!
I cannot change, delete, uninstall or move it and now NONE of my FSDT scenery will work!
Something's definitely wrong then because it's not supposed to do that. If you're going to move it, you need to uninstall all the FSDreamteam stuff, and when it asks if you want to remove the Add-on Manager, select yes. Once you've removed all your FSDreamteam stuff, run one of the installers, it should ask where you want to install the Add-on Manager.
Captain Kevin