Author Topic: Installation folder question  (Read 2249 times)

stevebarker12

Installation folder question
« on: January 14, 2021, 04:19:30 pm »
I use MSFS Addon Linker which link all scenery folders to a specified scenery folder on a different drive
Do all my 3 FSD scenery folders - chicago, vancouver and louisville -  all have to be under same folder c>prog files x86>Addon manager > MSFS?
- Can i put addon folder on a different drive
- Can i not separate vancouver from the 2 x usa ones? If i do is it just the update feature that will not work?
thanks for your help
kind regards
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation folder question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 10:41:57 am »
Do not use the Addon Linker with our products, they are ALREADY creating a symbolic link, and I'm not sure "linking a link" is safe.

Yes, you have the complete freedom to choose the Addon Manager location, but this choice is offered to you only the FIRST time you install any FSDT product, regardless of the simulator used. All our products MUST stay together, in the place of your choosing. This is required for the Live Update to be able to update them all.

If you want to change the Addon Manager installation, there's only one way to do this correctly, and is:

- Uninstall all your FSDT products, both for MSFS and, if you have some for FSX or P3D, uninstall those as well.

- Reply "YES" to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" which is made during the uninstall process. Not required you do it each time, but you must do it at least during *one* Uninstall.

- Reinstall all products, and you'll notice you'll be offered again the choice for a destination folder, which can be on every drive/folder you like.

- Activation will NEVER be affected by this. You can uninstall/reinstall an unlimited number of times and, as long as you are not changing hardware or reinstalling Windows, the activation will never be affected by reinstalls.

stevebarker12

Re: Installation folder question
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 01:29:38 pm »
Thankyou very much.Thats very usefull to know.
Kind regards
Steve :)