Author Topic: KORD Can't update via live udpate **SOLVED**  (Read 3673 times)

pilotskcx

KORD Can't update via live udpate **SOLVED**
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:05:34 pm »
Live update says I need to full installer for the product before installing.  Not sure where to get that since the download links simply take you back to the purchase page.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:03:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Can't update via live udpate
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 10:46:57 am »
As indicated in your purchase receipt, products for MSFS don't have a installed always freely available for download like the others.

Your download link is on Digital River, and lasts 30 days after purchase, or 2 years if you bought the Download protection service. That's why the purchase receipt which we sent you, advised to make a backup of the installer, because it's not always freely available, and it won't be available forever.

As explained several times on the forum, if you decided not to buy the download protection, decided to ignore the advice of making a backup and lost the installer, you should contact support and you will be given an alternate way to get it.

pilotskcx

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 03:55:01 pm »
What's the purpose of the live updater then?  Surely you're joking?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 07:19:12 pm »
What's the purpose of the live updater then?  Surely you're joking?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

The updater ( as the name says ) it's used to *update* and *installed* scenery. If something it's not installer, it won't be obviously updated.

You said yourself you got some message from the updater saying you haven't installed the scenery, so you need the full installer, which leads to believe you haven't installed it or you uninstalled it, so I explained how to get the installer.

How's that for a "joke", it's beyond me so, if you meant something else, try to explain better, for example starting with reporting the precise, exact, text of the message you got about missing the full installer.

pilotskcx

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 07:52:29 pm »
Seriously, you think I would have posted here if I hadn't already bought and installed the scenery in the first place?  ROFL. 

Just so we're clear here, I have the scenery for MSFS still installed, you guys updated, but the live updater won't update it.  It says I need the KORD V2 full installer.

I sent an email to support also. 

Bottom line:  How do I update KORD for MSFS if the live updater will not?

Thanks.

pilotskcx

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 07:58:26 pm »
I sent you a PM with the updater text for better clarity.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 11:03:13 am »
I already replied to you with a PM, but I'll post it here too, because it might help others.

From your log, it shows the MSFS version of KORD HAS been updated successfully, as indicated this text:

"License for FSDT Chicago O'Hare for MSFS verified successfully, proceed with update"

The text you are referring to appeared *BEFORE*

"KORD V2 Update skipped The latest KORD V2 Full installer must be downloaded and installed before Live Updates for KORD V2 will work again"

Is not referring to the MSFS version, which is called "FSDT Chicago O'Hare for MSFS", it's referring to the P3D version, which is called "KORD V2". So, the full installer is referring to, is the P3D version, which IS always freely available on our site.

The reason why it requires to reinstall with the full installer, it's because after P3D V5 came out, we had to change two separate version of the scenery ( because P3D V5 PBR is more extensive than V4 ) which requires changes to each sim add-on.xml, which can only be made by the installer, not the updater.

It seems you have KORD V2 for P3D installed, but you never ran the FSDT Live Update in a long while, likely before P3D V5 came out. Note that, it doesn't matter if you have P3D V5 or not, even if you have V4, if you have the P3D version installed in V4, you had to run the full installer for P3D in any case. And THEN, as the message says, Live Updates for the P3D version will continue to work again.

So no, there's nothing wrong with your KORD MSFS update, the message referred to the P3D version, which you haven't updated in a while.

pilotskcx

Re: KORD Can't update via live udpate **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2020, 01:55:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I see now.  I thought it was failing to update MSFS.

For whatever reason though, I don't see the new runways you updated in MSFS.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 04:05:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I see now.  I thought it was failing to update MSFS.

For whatever reason though, I don't see the new runways you updated in MSFS.

The new runway update isn't released yet (for MSFS).  They're working on it now.  Should be out soon.  I'm waiting too so I thought I'd chime in. ;D

pilotskcx

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 11:45:00 pm »
Yeah, the whole time I thought it was already out. 

Anyways, I just updated it and it's all there so I'm just going to go crawl back under the rock I came out of.

Good job to the FSDT team as usual, and I'm sorry for my saltiness.  Getting to old I guess. :'(