Author Topic: GSX and all appear in the addons tab but the gsx menu not showing  (Read 1295 times)

Hashtag1

Hello,  so i have this gsx problem its loading cache and everything  and when i press the gsx hotkey the menu is appearing and i can select the options (boarding, deboarding) after selecting any of the options no services are appearing (pushback truck, stairs, etc). After that the gsx menu is no longer appearing unless i restart coutl. What should I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and all appear in the addons tab but the gsx menu not showing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 10:12:36 am »
Enable logging in the Troubleshooting section, exit the sim as soon the program quits (don't restart, otherwise the log will be overwritten), ZIP the COUATL.LOG file and Attach it to a post for checking.

Hashtag1

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 12:22:00 pm »
I have attached the couatl zip file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 01:14:02 pm »
First, your log doesn't show any errors, it seems as if you called GSX and then exited the sim yourself.

But the bigger problem is you have a VERY old version of the program ( build 4061 ), when the current version for FSX, and the only one we have online now, it's 4641 so, you are hundreds of versions outdated.

Since it's not possible to get such an old version by using our installers, it seems as if you either downgraded it, or you used a very old ( years old ) installer, and never updated it.

So, before doing anything else:

- Download and install the CURRENT GSX installer.

- Be sure your firewall is not blocking the download

- Add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSION

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

If that doesn't work, try the new Universal Installer and use that to update all products.

Another thing strange, is the line in your log saying:

"Current locale is C"

which should indicate the language of your Windows version, but it failed to print it correctly. Is your local Chinese perhaps ? That would explain why you couldn't get the updates, it's your country censoring the internet.

Hashtag1

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 02:36:44 pm »
Yes i called GSX then the services did not come,  after that i tried to press the gsx hotkey the menu fid not pop up then i closed the sim just after i enabled the log in the troubleshooter.
Secondly am using English language on the computer, and am using the old version because it fails to update with the live update or the current version of installer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 04:13:37 pm »
Secondly am using English language on the computer

That's not what the log says. Please clarify which language version of Windows you use, it seems your locale has issue. Not that this has anything to do with the menu, but it might indicate other problems like, as I've said, the inability to get updates.

and am using the old version because it fails to update with the live update or the current version of installer

You can't use the old version, that's why nothing works.

The Live Update surely works, unless:

- Your antivirus is blocking it

OR

- Your firewall is blocking it

OR

- Your internet connection is censored, so you MUST use a VPN.

Be sure you are using the new FSDT Universal Installer to update.

Hashtag1

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 07:32:19 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, how long will using the live updater take to finish updating?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 09:32:19 am »
Sorry for the late reply, how long will using the live updater take to finish updating?

It depends how many products you have installed, how many of them are outdated and the speed of your internet connection.