Author Topic: Massive KEYW terminal in Nassau **SOLVED**  (Read 8153 times)

vicentezc

Massive KEYW terminal in Nassau **SOLVED**
« on: December 29, 2020, 10:54:03 am »
Hello,

I have purchased KEYW, and when doing a KMIA-TNCM flight I noticed massive buildings in the water in Nassau.
After checking, I see that the buildings are from the KEYW add-on.

When I first installed KEYW, I had the issue with the building terminals not showing at all. I managed to fix this by deleting the content.xml (based on the other thread).
After seeing this, I completely removed KEYW from the community folder (files were actually deleted thanks to the symbolic link) and re-installed again, including the updates, but this is still happening.

Here is a video showing the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbIVINTRP8sZtA5OeZZe60UpqsyzPPhe/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Vicente
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 07:21:30 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Massive KEYW terminal in Nassau
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 11:25:43 am »
I cannot reproduce the problem, see here:

We surely haven't added any objects at MYNN but, fact if happens there is a bit suspicious, since it's the airport used as a sample for the SDK.

It's possible another scenery you installed in the Community folder is derived in some way from the SDK sample, and like the sample has a file named like this:

scenery\global\scenery\modelLib.bgl

Like the sample, but this is likely causing a conflict, since there might be several sceneries with the same path and name and this has been confirmed by Asobo is a mistake and it will surely create a conflict.

Our KEWY has the model lib .BGL named as such, to prevent any conflicts:

scenery\FSDT_KEYW\scenery\Simultech-KEYW_modelLib.BGL

Just be sure to run the FSDT Live Update, because I think the very first release ( before this problem was known ), our .BGL was also named modelLib.BGL, but we fixed it shortly thereafter.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:52:40 am by virtuali »

vicentezc

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 01:09:20 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.
I checked and for KEYW (and KORD/LSZH/LFSB/CYVR) which I also purchased, all the modelLib files have specific names. For KEYW, I confirm I have 'Simultech_KEYW_modelLib.BGL'

I have done some tests, and it was only fixed after I removed all non-FSDT add-ons from the Community Folder.
Do you have a link where Asobo explains about the conflict caused by modelLib.bgl not being renamed?

I would like to better understand so that I can try to guess which scenery is causing this.

Thanks!

Vicente

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 04:05:58 pm »
Do you have a link where Asobo explains about the conflict caused by modelLib.bgl not being renamed?

Sorry, no, it was a post from Asobo on the 3rd party devs forum, which is not accessible by every user. In any case, I suggest to run the FSDT Live Update anyway, just to be sure you have the latest version, and try adding again your add-ons, one by one.

vicentezc

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 07:19:19 pm »
I just ran the updater and had a modelLib.bgl update for KEYW.
It's now working fine with all the other add-ons.
Thanks a lot for the support!  ;D
I don't know how to close this thread, so feel free to do it.

Cmacker

Re: Massive KEYW terminal in Nassau **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 04:09:47 pm »
I'm having the same issue. I run the update program once a week. No fix happening for me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 04:11:33 pm by Cmacker »

Cmacker

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 04:33:57 pm »
I just reinstalled the scenery. No fix.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 11:40:40 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm the problem has been fixed long ago, which of course is further confirmed by the fact that, since last December, nobody ever posted it again.

Floridaman

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 02:08:54 am »
Hello, since the last update to the KEYW scenery all those large buildings are gone by Nassau. However, when approaching 14 at MYNN there is a huge oversized block to the left of the numbers (ILS equipment building), not sure if that is still related to this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 02:39:26 am »
What do you mean with "the last update" ? If you mean the last update of KEYW, which happened month ago, this was exactly what was FIXED, and there hasn't been any updates ever since.

If you mean the last update of the sim that happened today, the problem doesn't happen, there's another problem, which has been already confirmed to be a new bug in the sim affecting taxiway lights, which are randomly spread around the aprons in all 3rd party airports that use the standard ( official SDK ) "Light Row" command to add rows of lights following a custom spline.

But the building that supposedly appear at MYNN, has been fixed months ago.

Floridaman

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 02:48:10 am »
Yes i mean since last KEYW update the large buildings are gone, but try flying into MYNN on runway 14 and you can't miss the large, oversized block left of the runway. I'm not saying its definitely related, but it might be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 03:07:01 am »
try flying into MYNN on runway 14 and you can't miss the large, oversized block left of the runway.

Can't see anything wrong there, see the attached screenshot. Are you sure what you see is coming from FSDT KEYW ?

Cmacker

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 03:14:00 am »
Don't just remove the scenery with the Windows Uninstall.
 Delete all of the files manually as well from the Community folder.
 Re-download the installer.
Reinstall the scenery.
Finally success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 02:09:18 pm »
Don't just remove the scenery with the Windows Uninstall.  Delete all of the files manually as well from the Community folder.

That's exactly what the uninstaller does.

Re-download the installer. Reinstall the scenery.

No need to re-download it, of course. The Live Update that is made at the end will always download and install the very latest files.

Cmacker

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 03:24:02 pm »
If those statements held true in my case, I wouldn't have needed to uninstall and reinstall it.
Whatever. Success achieved.