Author Topic: CTD 10 m before landing in GVA  (Read 9185 times)

laking

CTD 10 m before landing in GVA
« on: December 28, 2020, 07:19:04 pm »
Hi,

2 times I had a CTD (terrain.dll) before landing on rwy 22/23 in GVA now.
I'am using p3d 5.1 HF1 and FS Labs A320 newest Version. I'm also using ORBX openLC Europe with actual Libraries.

I'dont have this issue at any other airport.

Please help me. Thanks
Stefan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD 10 m before landing in GVA
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 10:51:11 am »
2 times I had a CTD (terrain.dll) before landing on rwy 22/23 in GVA now.

Cannot reproduce the problem, as you can see in the video below: I flew from LFSB to LSGG with the Microsoft A321 imported from FSX, and no 3rd party Mesh or Landclass installed:

I'dont have this issue at any other airport.

Fact you don't have a crash anywhere else, doesn't mean the problem is caused by the airport.

A crash in terrain.dll usually means a problem with a Landclass or a Mesh in that area, maybe a missing/corrupted texture for a specific kind of Landclass the 3rd party product has redefined, that is not found elsewhere ( of the airports you tried ), and this can easily mislead you the airport has a problem, because you won't noticed it anywhere else.

laking

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 07:00:27 pm »
What is your setting for 'autogen and scenery draw distance'?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 07:05:07 pm »

About 3/4 of maximum. Doesn't make any difference if I set to max, just lower fps.

Paolo1994

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 03:59:54 am »

About 3/4 of maximum. Doesn't make any difference if I set to max, just lower fps.

I haved the same problem with PMDG 737 NGXu it’s a bug of the new frequency for the ILS22. I haved 2 Times the same error Terrain.dll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 09:36:43 am »
After several test we had in private with laking, it has been established the crash in terrain.dll doesn't have anything to do with our scenery, and it happens ONLY when using OrbX, and user laking confirmed to me the crashes stopped if OrbX is disabled.

Brittanix

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 01:33:15 pm »
After several test we had in private with laking, it has been established the crash in terrain.dll doesn't have anything to do with our scenery, and it happens ONLY when using OrbX, and user laking confirmed to me the crashes stopped if OrbX is disabled.

Thats interesting as this problem seems to occur with both the FSDT and the Aerosoft LSGG scenery.
Which part of Orbx is causing the issue? Did you deactivate openLC, Base or everything? Has this been passed on to Orbx,  as I can't find anything related on their forums?
I am currently avoiding LSGG as I too have CTD, especially when approaching from the south, between CBY and GVA VOR's. I too have Orbx packages installed.

Edit: I even had a CTD just flying past LSGG on a flight from LSZH to LEMG.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 01:38:45 pm by Brittanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 02:03:16 pm »
Thats interesting as this problem seems to occur with both the FSDT and the Aerosoft LSGG scenery.

Further proving the problem is not in our scenery, since it's a bit difficult to believe another scenery for the same airport made by a different developer could possibly have the same problem. It's more likey a problem with OrbX in that area.

Which part of Orbx is causing the issue? Did you deactivate openLC, Base or everything?

We don't use OrbX, so we don't have anything installed, I'm relying on reports from user laking, who confirmed that after disabling something from OrbX ( not sure exactly what ), the crash went away.

ampharoah

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 01:32:09 pm »
I can confirm that the problem is probably ORBX OLC Europe.

I had consistent CTD on approach to 05 until I uninstalled OLC Europe and then no problem landing at all.

Will report to ORBX

Andrew