Author Topic: Having Difficulty Spawning at a KORD Gate After MSFS Update? **SOLVED**  (Read 2844 times)

DFWSupertrooper

Strange issue tonight after the MSFS update to 1.12...I tried to create a flight plan departing from KORD Gate B# twice and the sim locked up/CTD on selection.  After restart went back into the sim and changed my departure airport and no problem at all.  Perhaps something Asobo did might be conflicting with FSDT KORD?  Don't know...my issue could be isolated but I'm not having issues at any other airport.  Won't be able to recheck until after the holiday so just putting this out there in case I'm not alone. :-\
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:16:00 pm by DFWSupertrooper »

DFWSupertrooper

Re: Is Anyone Having Difficulty Spawning at a KORD Gate After MSFS Update?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 03:13:38 pm »
I ran the FSDT live updater to make sure everything was good - an update was made.  I went into MSFS and made sure the default Asobo KORD was not installed - check.  I attempted to load a flight plan at KORD Gate C22. which was working fine the other day.  Lockup the sim every time I select a KORD gate.  Not sure what's going on.  I have no issues at any other airport I've tried. 

Can anyone confirm being able to select a gate at KORD with no issues and if so, what aircraft are you using so I can check that as well?  Thx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 10:41:36 am »
No problems here, just tried creating a flight plan from KORD to KSTL, starting from Gate B9, no crashes on selection, and the airplane ( default A320 ) started on B9.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 03:14:25 pm »
So, I've done quite a bit of testing with this.  It's not happening because of FSDT KORD because the same issue happens at the Asobo handcrafted KORD.  I cannot load any flight at any gate I've tried.  I've also tried different liveries and aircraft using the same gate to check that...negative...still the CTD.  The only thing I can come up with is that it has to do with the Navigraph data and the missing runway issue.  No other airport gives me this issue that I've tried and it makes KORD completely unusable as a departure and I'm not gonna waste my time trying it as an arrival because I fear CTD on approach.  Guess I'll just have to wait for an update or something.  If anyone is having this issue or more importantly, NOT having this issue, I would love to know what you're using and try to isolate the cause.  Thx.  Happy New Year!

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 11:32:20 pm »
So, to keep anyone reading this updated...the issue may be related to Drzewiecki's Chicago scenery that was working great before the MSFS update.  Similar CTD issues related to Chicago airports for others using that product.  Drzeweicki is working on an update that may resolve my issue.  I'll report back as soon as I'm able to make sure everyone that may run into this sees the issue/resolution.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 06:20:58 pm »
So, to keep anyone reading this updated...the issue may be related to Drzewiecki's Chicago scenery that was working great before the MSFS update.  Similar CTD issues related to Chicago airports for others using that product.  Drzeweicki is working on an update that may resolve my issue.  I'll report back as soon as I'm able to make sure everyone that may run into this sees the issue/resolution.

This is in fact caused by Drzeweicki's Chicago scenery and they're working on a fix as I type.  For now, I've uninstalled it and ensured my FSDT KORD is up to date, and upon checking, all loaded as expected. 

If anyone else has this issue, it is the heliports included in the Chicago scenery causing the glitch, and the pending update from Drzeweicki will fix it ASAP.