Author Topic: KORD V2 Update - New runways 9C/27C Added  (Read 6974 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
KORD V2 Update - New runways 9C/27C Added
« on: December 22, 2020, 11:13:29 am »
We are happy to announce the update for Chicago O'Hare V2 for Prepar3d 4 and 5, which adds runways 9C/27C that opened in November 2020, is available now as a free update, just run the FSDT Live Update to get it. We are now working at the MSFS 2020 version, which should be available shortly. The full installers has been updated as well.

Also, today we are having a SALE, with almost all products, including KORD V2 for P3D and MSFS 2020, discounted at 35%, see here for more informations:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24694.0.html

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Fsdreamteam.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 11:16:48 am by virtuali »

airbadger

Re: KORD V2 Update - New runways 9C/27C Added
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 06:30:58 pm »
FYI for anyone shooting the ILS to the new runway, you may have to edit the ILS 16 frequency at KPWK because it's the same as 9C/27C by default. It was recently changed IRL. Otherwise, you'll pick up the PWK ILS.

srcooke

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 07:04:52 pm »
FYI for anyone shooting the ILS to the new runway, you may have to edit the ILS 16 frequency at KPWK because it's the same as 9C/27C by default. It was recently changed IRL. Otherwise, you'll pick up the PWK ILS.

Thanks for the tip :)
Regards
Stephen Cooke

simsuper80

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 04:33:33 am »
I've been looking at FR24 lately, and im not sure if I have seen a single plane use the new runway. I know its opened, but is it just not used much right now? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:03:11 pm »
I've been looking at FR24 lately, and im not sure if I have seen a single plane use the new runway. I know its opened, but is it just not used much right now? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I don't believe it's operational yet. Per NOTAM, it's closed through 12/31.

simsuper80

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 12:55:02 am »
I have a question:

From a developer standpoint, when it comes to a new runway (o'hare) vs a new terminal (houston). Is it much easier to update an airport like o'hare then it would be for houson?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 11:06:38 am »
From a developer standpoint, when it comes to a new runway (o'hare) vs a new terminal (houston). Is it much easier to update an airport like o'hare then it would be for houson?

You can't really say, it depends how the new terminal is, if it's a completely new build with a completely different style and materials than the others, it will require more work than adding a runway. And, even if it's new, it still depends how it's made and how complex it is from a modeling point of view.

Adding the runway at KORD was a big job, because about 30% of the whole background had to be remade and in P3D had to be remade in 4 seasons. Change of taxiways required to change lots of taxiway signs and markings, and custom 3d lights too.

So no, you can't say which one is more complex as a general rule. It all depends.