Author Topic: minor SIMPLE bugs :)  (Read 2104 times)

michielsweb

minor SIMPLE bugs :)
« on: December 13, 2020, 09:37:43 pm »
Dear Virtuali!

Once again i am here whit remarks on the software. but not because it is bad.
but because i love it and i try to be helpfull)

1. i ran accros a bug during the LVARS for boarding
i do not get the  LVARS changes to  close the bagage doors, and service doors on the ngxu
the request doesnt work.
2. can the manual be tweaked that the 1 is for request door opend and 100 for door closed?
i only found this out because i was c# messageboxing the output

3. the boarding auto modus.  would be benificial on a minor order tweak.
basing these request on my personal experiences flying as a passgener
 -  i have yet to see a fueling going on during the boarding whit  (stairs)
 -  If the catering comes its also usualy doing it before the boarding (after the deboarding)

i have yet to be on a flight in europe.

where the catering is being delivered during for after the boarding !
the same is going for the fuel delivery. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: minor SIMPLE bugs :)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 09:30:08 am »
1) What do you mean with "a bug during the LVARS" ? Which Lvars ?

2) I don't understand why using values of 1 and 100 would be better than it currently is. In any case, this won't change, since we should not break compatibility with other add-ons that has already being made.

3) Every airline, company, country regulations and airport are different. Auto mode is just a convenience feature, we cannot support every possible combinations of different auto-mades. If you want to do things differently, just call the services manually in the order you want, that's why the menus are there for.

michielsweb

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 11:11:19 am »
1) What do you mean with "a bug during the LVARS" ? Which Lvars ?

2) I don't understand why using values of 1 and 100 would be better than it currently is. In any case, this won't change, since we should not break compatibility with other add-ons that has already being made.

3) Every airline, company, country regulations and airport are different. Auto mode is just a convenience feature, we cannot support every possible combinations of different auto-mades. If you want to do things differently, just call the services manually in the order you want, that's why the menus are there for.
1 -  LVARS for telling the plane to close doors after done the work is: Cargo fwd Cargo aft,  service door fwd and service door aft.
my lvars stay 0 and the trucks and ground crew goes away from the doors.
so cargo boarding complete (trucks drive away and leave my doors open (no toggle request)
same for cateringon the service doors

so in short
fwd entry aft entry doors get the 1 for open doors and 100 for close
fwd aft cargo do get the 1 for open but it remains 0 after all the way til gsx is waving me off:) :)

2 currently i get 0 or 1 or 100 output. on my doors.
i meant to add it too the  gsx manual as it didnt mention the 100 output on the lvars :)

3. wel i am being honest.
i had the priviledge to fly almost all of the european airlines aswel as some american ones.
REFUELING DURING A STAIRS BOARDING is a NO GO
Catering the same.

i wil make the calls myself. i tried to help :)

question:
can u tell me where u store AIRPORT COMPAGNIES  
i like to add my own logos  :) and if posseble modefy one of ure skins.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:25:20 am by michielsweb »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 12:34:05 pm »
1 -  LVARS for telling the plane to close doors after done the work is: Cargo fwd Cargo aft,  service door fwd and service door aft.

my lvars stay 0 and the trucks and ground crew goes away from the doors.
so cargo boarding complete (trucks drive away and leave my doors open (no toggle request)
same for cateringon the service doors

They all surely do, otherwise many 3rd party airplanes ( FS Labs Airbus, Aerosoft Airbus, Leonardo MD80 ) couldn't successfully do what they do, which is closing/opening their doors according to what GSX is asking.

How you are checking the variables ?

fwd entry aft entry doors get the 1 for open doors and 100 for close
fwd aft cargo do get the 1 for open but it remains 0 after all the way til gsx is waving me off:) :)

You should really try to be more clear about this. WHICH "Lvars" are you referring to EXACTLY ?

2 currently i get 0 or 1 or 100 output. on my doors.
i meant to add it too the  gsx manual as it didnt mention the 100 output on the lvars :)

I think you are confusing the GSX variables with the airplane own animation variables. Those are NOT handled by GSX, they are handled by the airplane itself, and not all of them use 0/100, although many to.

3. wel i am being honest.
i had the priviledge to fly almost all of the european airlines aswel as some american ones.
REFUELING DURING A STAIRS BOARDING is a NO GO Catering the same.

I think I've already explained why it's done that way, IN AUTO MODE.

can u tell me where u store AIRPORT COMPAGNIES  
i like to add my own logos  :) and if posseble modefy one of ure skins.

You don't say which simulator you use. With P3D4 this is extremely easy to do, just read the manual.

michielsweb

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 03:15:13 pm »
FSDT_GSX_AIRCRAFT_SERVICE_2_TOGGLE
FSDT_GSX_AIRCRAFT_SERVICE_1_TOGGLE
and the cargo doors toggle. (at work atm)

not get changes to when catering and cargo loading is completed
(they remain 0 and the trucks just move away ( i complete the full gsx sequence )

my software monitor the doors toggles. contious there has been 1 moment.
it was 1 when the loading or catering begins

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 10:27:39 am »
I test them now, and I can confirm both variables are working as expected:

- When the catering is arriving, they read 0, as they should.

- When the catering connects and GSX is printing the message "waiting to open door", they read 1, as they should.

- When you open the door, they go back to 0, as they should.

- When catering is servicing, they continue to be 1, as they should.

- When catering service ends and GSX is printing the message "waiting to close door", they read 1, as they should.

- When you close the door, they go back to 0, as they should.

This is the only thing those variables do: letting you knowing GSX is expecting you to open or close the door, nothing else. They don't tell you how the service is progressing. For that, you must use the "STATE" variables, like FSDT_GSX_CATERING_STATE, with values from 0 to 6 indicating the state of the service in general.