FSDreamTeam forum
January 28, 2021, 12:42:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KLAS activation issues December 2020  (Read 582 times)
rga748

« on: December 10, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »

Hi,

I am running FS9.1 on Windows10 64bit. I have FSDT KORD, KJFK, LSGG and LSZH purchased from PC Aviator in Feb/March this year and KDFW, KFLL, KLAX and KLAS purchased from Simmarket within the last week or so installed. Some of these sceneries use a 30digit alphanumeric license key and some a hyphenated alphanumeric key starting FSDT. All bar KLAS are behaving themselves. Every time I start FS9 I am advised that KLAS requires activation and do I want to activate it. I answer YES and enter my licence key starting "FSDTKLAS-". I am then presented with a Product Activation screen stating an internet connection is required. Answering Connect at this stage leads to further guidance/options that ultimately lead to esellerate servers (I think FSDT no longer use this commerce partner but may be wrong) that fail to connect etc. At this stage I cancel out and I'm advised the activation has been successful and I should make a copy of my reg file. And, KLAS works in FS9. However, when I next start FS9 I am again advised KLAS requires activation and the whole process starts again. I have deactivated and uninstalled KLAS and reinstalled but the issue persists. Any help and advice on how to cure this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Richard
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 12:00:34 PM »

You must download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9, which connects to the new activation servers on QLM/Soraco, since the old version only works with Esellerate, that closed last year, so there's no activation servers to connect to.

The new version accepts BOTH kind of Serial Numbers: the old Esellerate ones starting with FSDT-xxxx, and the new ones from QLM starting with A

rga748

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 04:27:40 PM »

Great, but in looking for the Addon manager I have discovered...

the FSDTeam main site FAQ says:

"Where's the Stand-Alone Addon Manager?
There's a link to download the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on every "Info" page for every product. Whenever you have an issue regarding the Addon Manager, is strongly suggested to install the latest version. There's also a separate Addon Manager page HERE http://update.fsdreamteam.com/public_html/products_addonmanager.html which leads to http://update.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager-setup9 "

Clicking the last link above results in...

"404 Not Found
Code: NoSuchKey
Key: sa-addon-manager-setup9
RequestId: 45035223E1873C8A
HostId: jxaSOCM49SQbqjok0qlEvU3CQmaaAYEglAXVokzwulqP1W0P25RFkujnwrtEo+wa+gJAIUWS/P0="

The Las Vegas McCarran product "Info" page says...

"Standalone Addon Manager
The Stand-Alone Addon Manager is no longer required. Just run the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop, to keep all your FSDT products constantly updated."

I cannot find the 'FSDT Live Update' on my Desktop or anywhere else on my PC.

So, referring to your previous reply stating "You must download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9..."

Would you mind confirming this - as it appears to contradict advice given on the KLAS product page - and if correct would you mind posting a working download link to the most recent FS9 version, please?

Many thanks, Richard
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:53:02 PM by rga748 » Logged
rga748

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 10:34:37 PM »

Update - I located a download link to what I believe may be the latest version of the FS9 Addon manager in this forum thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22571.0.html

I have downloaded and installed Addon Manager v1.9.2 for FS9.  On starting FS9 I still get a message stating KLAS requires activation and still get directed to esellerate i.e. exactly the same scenario as described in my previous post.

Where am I going wrong?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 10:17:04 PM by rga748 » Logged
rga748

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 08:49:43 PM »

And something else I noticed whilst installing Addon Manager v1.9.2 is that it downloaded (I watched the screen display this as it did so) the file qw757.gau for some strange reason. I know this gauge is used by the QualityWings 757 which I have installed on my system and have been using successfully.  Well, I was until today. When I now attempt to load the QW 757 FS9 crashes. It could be a sheer coincidence but I think it's unlikely.

:-(

13/DEC/2020 - reinstalled my QW 757 for FS9 (thereby restoring the proper qw757.gau) and I'm pleased to advise my QW 757 is now working.

:-)

FSDT KLAS isn't though or more accurately its registration isn't

:-(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 08:06:17 PM by rga748 » Logged
rga748

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 09:16:19 PM »

EUREKA - started FS9 answered NO when asked if I wanted to activate KLAS. Took off from KSEA in my QW 757 and after a short while decided to Register Serial for KLAS via the Addon Manager menu. And, all went well :-)

And, all continues to go well :-)

Not sure why exactly but I'm not complaining.

FSDT can you advise if there is a newer version of Addon manager than v1.9.2 and if so provide a download link, please?  I may not use it straight away but I'll keep it safe for next time ;-)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:17:52 PM by rga748 » Logged
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 10:48:33 AM »

The link on the forum is correct and points to the latest Addon Manager for FS9, the wrong link on the website has been fixed now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: