Author Topic: Small things for next update  (Read 6331 times)

bnjypov

• translator
Small things for next update
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:58:07 am »
Here are some small things to fix please in a new update for either FS9 or X:

1.  3-D Lead-in lights going all the way back on each runway

2.  Lead-in lights aligned with 3-d light , vertically and laterally

3.  ILS critical hold bars would be nice

4.  at jfk, the txwy signs have flat edges, while yours have rounded ones

5.  The txwy edge poles are white with blue at JFK, not yellow.

6.  Signage that is not just related to taxiways, such as ILS for a critical area.

7.  Have a way so that AI could park at the gate, not at a cargo ramp.

8.  Have a way to remove static vehicles without deleting them

9. Align the arrow strip leading to the runway with the runway

10. Hold bars on some of the runways at intersections

11. T3 helipad for US heli flights.

12. Canarsie lead ins more realistic

13. Delete runways 17-35 and 16-32

14. Delete żylaki t9

Which of these have been fixed (pls send me a link to the update), wich ones can't be fixed, and wich ones can (or might be) fixed?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:57:12 am by bnjypov »

SirIsaac726

Re: Small things for next update
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:10:44 am »
15. Delete bnjypov's forum account so he can't make any more of these requests.

:D I'm only kidding, mate. ;)

But in all seriousness, this sounds like quite a lot while they still have work to do on their upcoming sceneries.  I think we're going to have to live with a few inaccuracies here and there.  Chances are, you'll find them on any scenery by any developer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 02:32:57 pm »
Here are some small things to fix in a new update for either FS9 or X:

"Small things" ???

1.  3-D Lead-in lights going all the way back on each runway

too much of a fps hit. JFK can't afford more.

2.  Lead-in lights aligned with 3-d light , vertically and laterally

Not possible because how FS9/FSX works: the runway lights can't be moved from their actual position. And old style FS2002 Scasm-based runway lights (that can be moved) destroy fps entirely.

3.  ILS critical hold bars would be nice

Maybe, if we knew what they are...

4.  at jfk, the txwy signs have flat edges, while yours have rounded ones

Nitpicking.

5.  The txwy edge poles are white with blue at JFK, not yellow.

This might be reasonably easy to fix by changing the texture, but I need to check.

6.  Signage that is not just related to taxiways, such as ILS for a critical area.

Again, you can add everything you want, of course the fps will go down. At a certain point, you have to stop. Everybody can do a nice and slow scenery...

7.  Have a way so that AI could park at the gate, not at a cargo ramp.

??? They obviously don't. If you use AI that has been correctly flagged by airline code, they'll park at the correct place.

8.  Have a way to remove static vehicles without deleting them

Already possible, because they are programmed to react to the Scenery Complexity slider. Which is the only way to "remove without deleting them".

9. Align the arrow strip leading to the runway with the runway

Too complex to explain why a perfect alignment between runways and other ground stuff it's almost impossible to achieve. Basically, they live in 2 different coordinates systems (lat lon vs meters) and one is 3d with a WGS84 sphroid model and earth curvature simulated, the other not.

10. Hold bars on some of the runways at intersections

Same as before. You can add everyhing, but the fps will not increase because of this...

11. T3 helipad for US heli flights.

This was the only thing that make some sense, of the whole list.

12. Canarsie lead ins more realistic

You are lucky they are in the first place, because it's another thing that FS9/X don't support at all, so they are created with what is basically an hack.

13. Delete runways 17-35 and 16-32

Obivously impossible, because they ARE the aforementioned "hack" that makes lead-ins light appearing. Want to delete them ? Open the AFCAD file, delete the runway, and enjoy your Canarsie lead-in lights...

14. Delete t9

The scenerys reflect that airport status, as per available documentation when the airport was developed. It doens't come and it's not advertised to constantly follow real world changes.

Which of these have been fixed (pls send me a link to the update), wich ones can't be fixed, and wich ones can (or mit be) fixed?

There's nothing to "fix", because none of this was a bug, but design choices, and several are just FS9/X limitations.

BTW, welcome to the forum, you made an impressive first post...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:35:08 pm by virtuali »

bnjypov

• translator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 11:12:12 pm »
I'm sorry if I pissed anybody off, but I am a very realistic person, and I never knew some of these things could not be done.  I have not experimented fully with the scenery, and I haven't read all the posts yet.  I never knew how hard it is to do some of these things, and only now do I realize how much work really went into this scenery.

Just to clarify:  ILS critical hold bars look like a ladder.  You find them along with a red sign marked "ILS" where the presence of an aircraft may affect the ILS signal to other aircraft (see pic) elektronika.

When I go on my approach, I see the 3-d lights, and the FS9 lights in a different place.  This is what I ment: If you could movr the 3-d lights, because I know you can't move the FS9's.

Again, I'm sorry if I was rude, and I just wanted to let out everything I thought wasn't quite right

P.S.  I didn't mean I didn't like the scenery, I just mean there are a few things wrong.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:54:53 am by bnjypov »

SirIsaac726

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 02:16:36 am »
I think it was the way you formatted your post and the words you used made you come off as rude.  I'm not saying you are but I'll be honest, it sounded like it from the initial post.

Maybe a please next time might help? ;)

bnjypov

• translator
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 03:16:11 am »
Ok.  I fixed the initial post. telewizja cyfrowa Thank you, especially virtualai, for telling me what can and can't be done.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:53:28 am by bnjypov »