Author Topic: Heavy Gates Not operative  (Read 4600 times)

Papagiorgio

Heavy Gates Not operative
« on: December 06, 2020, 12:31:12 am »

None of the heavy gates work with the T7.  Get message that the gate is to small.  Checked the AFCAD  and it is correct.  Some of the gates have 2jetways buried within each other.  Could not find what the issue was. Checked the gate marking under the GSX menu and all the gates  that I parked were marked as Heavy,  I uninstalled and reinstalled using the the latest  installer from your site, and it did the update, still the same problem.
Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Heavy Gates Not operative
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 09:30:55 am »
- Remove any customization file you might have done for KDFW from the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder ( an .INI with a name starting with KDFW- )

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- Be sure you allow the AFCAD to be overwritten when asked.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 10:05:09 pm »
Did that.  It restored some heavy gates but not all in the C concourse. C7, C11, and C25 still reporting gates are to small for the triple 7.
Papagiorgio

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 07:41:46 am »
 What 777 are you using? I think the issue might be there. Those gates are all big enough to fit larger than a B777W.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 06:22:52 pm »
PMDG's 777.  They worked before, don't know what changed.  When first having the issue, checked the AFCAD and everything was as it should.  The T7 fits in all the heavy gates in the other FSDreamteam airports, KORD, PHNL etc.  So I don't think its an issue with PMDG, especially since doing the above as suggested by Virtuali cleared some of the gates.
Papagiorgio

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 06:59:49 pm »
Set the gate sizes yourself in GSX using the Customize airport positions and set those gates to whatever you'd like.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 11:23:35 am »
especially since doing the above as suggested by Virtuali cleared some of the gates.

I never said the update would fit the 777 in ALL heavy gates.

In the update, we increased the radius ( in GSX, so you won't see any difference in the AFCAD, but that's the only thing that matters in your case ) of many parking spots that COULD be enlarged, based on an obvious visual inspection of the spot, so there might still be other labeled "heavy", which should not really considered "heavy", because that's just a label, what really matters is the actual space and parking radius.

If you think there are still parking spots that could fit a 777 but they are not allowed in GSX, that's precisely what the "Max Wingspan" parameter in the GSX customization page does: it allows you to override the radius and let you decide which airplanes can fit there, from a GSX point of view. Of course, if the *actual* available space is not enough, GSX will accept the parking, but you should expect issues with vehicles doing strange things trying to reach the airplane doors.

And of course, if you find annoying having to specify the wingspan on every airport, there's a GLOBAL option in the GSX Settings called "Ignore Wingspan when parking". If this is checked, GSX will allow you park everywhere you like but, of course, if you park a 747 in a place that would barely fit a CRJ, expect all sort of issues to be happening, with vehicles clashing into each other or doing strange paths.