Author Topic: Simconnect window unresponsive/locked  (Read 1964 times)

MediocreGorilla

Simconnect window unresponsive/locked
« on: December 01, 2020, 04:34:19 pm »
Hello everyone,

so for a few days I've been encountering a very disturbing issue with the Simconnect popup window.
At some point during a sim session it would lock it's menu points to whatever was displayed last. Selecting an entry would no longer make anything happen.
Even different windows, e.g. ActiveSky or SODE are effected.
An Example: Most of the time I notice the lockup on arrival. I want to select a stand, bring up the GSX menu and it would show me the pushpack dialogue. I close it, open the SODE menu and it would also show me the pusback dialogue, aswell as the ActiveSky window.

I don't want to suspec GSX causing this, but it's an issue I haven't observed with P3D v5.1 HF1 initially and the only thing that changed/updated the past few weeks was GSX. Two friends of mine also witness this right now and neither had any issues earlier.

If you need anything from me to nail this down to it's cause, just let me know!

Thanks a lot and kind regards!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:46:38 pm by MediocreGorilla »

kianlark

Re: Simconnect window unresponsive/locked
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 04:41:51 pm »
Hi there,

I have also seen the same behaviour on two occasions now. On the taxi in yesterday it had the menu I’d expect to see just before push where refuelling and boarding were marked as complete. Unfortunately I don’t have any repro steps but as posted above more than happy to try things to narrow it down. Also running latest P3D v5.1 hotfix (whichever we’re on now..  ::))

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simconnect window unresponsive/locked
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 05:27:32 pm »
I don't want to suspec GSX causing this, but it's an issue I haven't observed with P3D v5.1 HF1 initially and the only thing that changed/updated the past few weeks was GSX. Two friends of mine also witness this right now and neither had any issues earlier.

Of course GSX cannot possibly have anything to do with this. The new Simconnect window has been completely remade in 5.1, using Html instead of Scaleform, so it's possible it might still have some issues left but, as we explained so many times, we don't have *any* control over the way it works.

Creating a menu with Simconnect can't be easier: we just provide a title and a list of option, and we make a single call to Simconnect with it. The simulator will then notify us what the user has selected. This is the only way to call a menu, it hasn't changed since FSX. The switch to Html is completely transparent to us and doesn't require to do any changes in our side.

What happens when the menu is created or how it's handled, displayed, its position and size, and how it respond to keys or the mouse, is completely outside our control. It's really a black box for us.