Author Topic: KDFW Update pricing?  (Read 4296 times)

m007j

KDFW Update pricing?
« on: November 29, 2020, 02:37:21 am »
Hey Umberto,

Thinking of pulling the trigger on DFW with the sale going on right now, but before I do, is the forthcoming update for Dallas that you've alluded to in a few threads in this section in June/July going to be a free update or will it be a v2 like JFK and ORD? Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Update pricing?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 02:09:25 pm »
There isn't any update planned for KDFW right now.

phmcr

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 04:55:14 pm »
Your reply surprises me as this is what you wrote in another thread "terrible looking runway lights"

"We ARE working on a fairly substantial update for KDFW right now ( SODE jetways, and several texture improvements ), so we'll surely have a look at the lights, just like we did with KLAX."

So I understand the confusion.....

Menno

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 01:01:36 pm »
"We ARE working on a fairly substantial update for KDFW right now ( SODE jetways, and several texture improvements ), so we'll surely have a look at the lights, just like we did with KLAX."

I wasn't referring to a new version ( for MSFS ) that would have to be bought with an update price, but to a free update to the current version, which was the correct reply considering the OP question was if it would be a good idea buying KDFW during the black friday sale, and if an upgrade price would be possible.

BTW, the update for KDFW featuring SODE jetways is already out since last month, so anybody running the FSDT Live Update should have it already.

We made some textures in 4K too, but decided not to install them by default, so there's a "texture.4K" folder users can try as an option, because with all the issues with P3D 5 and VRAM, the last thing we want was to contribute to VRAM exhaustion.