Author Topic: I have to run FSDT Live Update every time I fly from an FSDT Addon Airport.  (Read 1752 times)

AllanH

HI. I have 5 or 6 FSDT addon airports. I really like them, but I have to run the FSDT Live Update program every time before I sign into FSX. If I don't, there are no buildings, walkways, and all of the runways and taxiways are blurred out. Also there are no ground markers.  Any Ideas? I have tried entering my license but it doesn't matter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Pilots.

My System info?

Intel 7 core Ivy League 3800 series
Asus P8Z77-V Le Plus
16MB Ram
AMD 580X V Card

Thanks

Allan H.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It's not normal you have to run the FSDT Live Update before using the sim. If you have, the only possible explanation is that another add-on has mistakenly set some wrong compatibility flags on the FSX.EXE, which the Live Update recognize and fix them back.

It might not be the add-on itself, sometimes Windows changes compatibility settings automatically, because it sees a program is not fully compliant with Windows UAC rules ( that's not the case for any of our products, which are 100% UAC compliant ), or it might also happens because the sim crashed, so Windows tried to help it run better, by setting some compatibility flags that shouldn't be there.

They are not easy to find, some of them are buried in the registry, that's why we reset the correct value from the FSDT Live Update, since they are not easy to find. But definitely you have a not normal situation.

AllanH

Thank you for your reply. I will just live with it and keep doing what I am doing I guess

Have a great holidays!

Allan Hallsson