Author Topic: GSX2 and new installation  (Read 3162 times)

rwy23

GSX2 and new installation
« on: November 26, 2020, 04:25:54 pm »
Hey guys I  build new PC and everything works fine but I installed GSX2 and activated thru Addon Manager but every time  I press CtrlF12 it opens GSX - Trial mode and 3 APTS. Now not sure do I need old GSX to have installed as well? (old one).

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 and new installation
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:29:32 pm »
Sure you need to have the base GSX activated.

GSX Level 2 is NOT a "new" version of GSX ( is if the base GSX is the "old" one ), it's an Expansion to the base GSX, with its own separate activation key, which if activated, enables the new features but, you still need to activate the base GSX, with its own separate key.

rwy23

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 02:54:14 am »
Sure you need to have the base GSX activated.

GSX Level 2 is NOT a "new" version of GSX ( is if the base GSX is the "old" one ), it's an Expansion to the base GSX, with its own separate activation key, which if activated, enables the new features but, you still need to activate the base GSX, with its own separate key.

Thank you Umberto....It seems that I can't find where I purchased....I will try to find it. Anyway I believe I bought few years back but since I changed my PC an reformatted all SSD I guess serial is lost? Every single product from FSDT I recorded with keys but not sure why I don't have this one.... What would you  need from me? Let me know if you can help me. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:16:40 am by rwy23 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 03:29:39 am »
Thank you Umberto....It seems that I can't find where I purchased....I will try to find it. Anyway I believe I bought few years back but since I changed my PC an reformatted all SSD I guess serial is lost? Every single product from FSDT I recorded with keys but not sure why I don't have this one.... What would you  need from me? Let me know if you can help me. Thanks
Go here, see if this helps.

https://qlm1.net/virtualisoftware/qlmcustomersite/
Captain Kevin

rwy23

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 04:00:12 am »
Thank you Umberto....It seems that I can't find where I purchased....I will try to find it. Anyway I believe I bought few years back but since I changed my PC an reformatted all SSD I guess serial is lost? Every single product from FSDT I recorded with keys but not sure why I don't have this one.... What would you  need from me? Let me know if you can help me. Thanks
Go here, see if this helps.

https://qlm1.net/virtualisoftware/qlmcustomersite/
Ha...who comes to rescue...? Captain Kevin as always!!! Thank you sir... ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 10:35:26 am »
Ha...who comes to rescue...? Captain Kevin as always!!! Thank you sir... ;)

That link was on the FAQ page of our site.

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/public_html/faq.html

It's called FAQ for a reason...

Piyaque

MSFS2020 GSX
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 11:30:33 am »
Hello Everybody,

I have the following questions:

1. If I already have a GSX and GSX2, will they work with MSFS2020? If they don't, when would it be possible to have the new version for MSFS2020?

2. I need another computer to run MSFS2020 instead of the current PC that I have for FSX. So, can i reinstall the GSX and the GSX2 in this new PC?

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS2020 GSX
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 12:55:32 pm »
1. If I already have a GSX and GSX2, will they work with MSFS2020? If they don't, when would it be possible to have the new version for MSFS2020?

This has been discussed so many times on the forum:

- We'll surely do GSX for MSFS 2020

- The current SDK is not complete enough to allow doing it *now*, for the same reasons there are no high-end 3rd party airplanes for MSFS yet. We are all waiting for all missing features in the SDK to be reinstated. Basic things like creating a menu or creating and controlling objects, are currently not possible.

2. I need another computer to run MSFS2020 instead of the current PC that I have for FSX. So, can i reinstall the GSX and the GSX2 in this new PC?

Sure, in FSX or P3D, which are the only simulators you can run GSX on.