Author Topic: COUATL Error at KHIF Hill AFB  (Read 1856 times)

downscc

COUATL Error at KHIF Hill AFB
« on: November 21, 2020, 06:45:37 pm »
In P3Dv5.1HF1 and LiveUpdate freshly ran:  The default airport for KHIF has no parking spaces (it is an active Air Force Base).  I used ADEv1.79 to create an AF file (KHIF_ADEP5_DD.bgl) to place a single parking place in front of where the actual BaseOps are located.  When I attempt to use the GSX parking editor to modify that parking location for a PMDG B737-600 I keep getting the same error message and COUATL has to be restarted.  GSX functions work at all other locations tested, the uniqueness being there is a single parking object in the airport container.  The error message is:

couatl v4.0 (build 4475)
panic log started on Sat Nov 21 11:34:07 2020

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 621, in customizeAirport
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 691, in startParkingEditor
  File ".\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 1329, in activate
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 696, in parkingEditorWillActivateOnParking
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 1257, in prepareGate
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 3533, in setGate
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 152, in setGate
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 409, in getInitialPosition
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 321, in getInitialPosition
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 318, in getInitialParking
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 1299, in findSuitableParking
AssertionError
{'Airport': 'KHIF', 'Requested parking services to': 'Parking 0', 'User Pos': (41.121856011458114, -111.97870239623226, 1462.19 m, 2.50753 m, 269.79998860211833)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUATL Error at KHIF Hill AFB
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 12:57:26 pm »
GSX doesn't support multiple AFCADs, even if the sim allows you to create enhancement files that only add to an airport, GSX won't use them, it will only use an AFCAD if it's complete with at least a parking, a runway and a taxiway.

And, even if you did that, it will still not load your file, because that AFCAD would still look as an "enhancement", because is not flagged to remove anything from the original scenery, so here is still using the default file that, having no parking spots, won't work with GSX.

Your only option to have GSX working on that airport, is to create a complete replacement file, which is done with ADE using the option to import stock data. Then, add the missing parking ( and taxipaths too ), and be sure you flag the airport to replace the default, so GSX will use it instead of the default.

downscc

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 04:18:07 pm »
Very interesting.  Yes I am familiar and have used the Import Stock data.  Thanks for the pointer.

downscc

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 11:49:22 pm »
Very interesting.  Yes I am familiar and have used the Import Stock data.  Thanks for the pointer.

Tried your suggestion and it did not solve the problem.  Be advised that ADE will copy a stock airport (simple:  Open Stock Airport) and save it as an ADE project, and also compile that ADE project and create a complete AF file.  No need to import stock data.... in fact the only stock data imported are things like other airports, navaids, approaches and fixes.  All other information contained in the stock airport container is included in the ADE project (runways, taxi, apron, parking).  I have at least a dozen examples in use in P3Dv5 and have done many more in earlier versions of the simulator.

The only thing that solves the problem is to add a couple of more parking spaces (I added six).  GSX fails when there is only one parking spot in the airport container named Parking 0.

Try it....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 02:38:15 pm »
GSX fails when there is only one parking spot in the airport container named Parking 0.

GSX should work even with a single parking but, there must be at least one parking that is connected to a taxiway.