Author Topic: LSGG causes a weird crash  (Read 3351 times)

sdc

LSGG causes a weird crash
« on: December 05, 2020, 07:51:32 pm »
Hi,
When I try to select fsdt LSGG as a starting pint for a flight, it takes ages loading terrain data.  Then it appears to load fine, except a few seconds later strange navigation markers appear (image attached) in external views and then PD3 (4.5) freezes and stops responding.  Sometimes after a long delay, it returns to normal, but mostly it stays frozen. Loading into other airports is still fine.

Any idea what is causing this or how to fix it?

All the best,

Simon

sdc

Re: LSGG causes a weird crash
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 03:45:43 pm »
It appears that the problems were caused by the utility XPOI.  Don't remember installing this, but I guess it came bundled with another FSDT product.  Once I uninstalled XPOI, everything seemed to work again as normal.

All the best,

Simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG causes a weird crash
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 08:26:54 am »
XPOI doesn't came bundled with anything, you probably installed the Trial long ago and forgot about it.

The problem ( judging from your screenshot ), is that you enabled ALL categories ( by default they are not all enabled ) and in that particular area there were probably too many points to display, so the simulator couldn't keep it up with all of them.

That's why by default XPOI doesn't come configured with all its categories enabled, you must have opened its settings and turn them all on, but since you might have done a while ago, you might have forgotten about it, same as you forgot to have installed it in the past.