Author Topic: Zurich unable to install  (Read 4429 times)

ErikdeNoor

Zurich unable to install
« on: November 16, 2020, 08:56:35 pm »
Just purchased Zurich V2 for MSFS2020.
I am unable to install it.

* Clicked on .exe file as administrator.
* First screen appears. See attached "Zurich install location select". It is grey and cannot be altered.
* Next screen appears/ See attached "Zurich install activation failed". There is now only one way left, end the install procedure.

Before the install procedure  I deactivated the virus scanner and the Malware protection.
Additional info. I have both Lockheed-Martin P3DV4++ and MSFS2020 on the same computer but separate drives.
The FSDT software however installs in the same P3DV4++ add-on directory, explaining that automatic update service is guarantied.
Before Zurich I had Vancouver Airport installed, also from FSDT, without any problem.
Before the last attempt I uninstalled the P3DV4++ Zurich scenery, also FSDT but that didn't help.

I am out of options. Please help.

Erik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich unable to install
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 09:37:58 pm »
* First screen appears. See attached "Zurich install location select". It is grey and cannot be altered.
* Next screen appears/ See attached "Zurich install activation failed". There is now only one way left, end the install procedure.

It's entirely normal ( as the installer clearly says ) you are not able to change the installation path, you are not supposed to, if you installed other FSDT products.

But something is missing in your report, after you select Next, you are supposed to see the License Activation screen, which asks for the activation key. If you don't enter one, or some error happens *there*, THEN the installer will return with the red cross message in your 2nd screenshot.

Have you seen the License screen ?

ErikdeNoor

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 11:29:22 pm »
No, I haven't seen the activation screen at all.
So, something must be wrong there (or in my PC)

Thanks for your quick response.
Please continue finding a solution.

Erik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 12:29:33 am »
No, I haven't seen the activation screen at all. So, something must be wrong there (or in my PC)

Well, surely it must be your PC, because nobody else reported they couldn't get past that step, usually when there's a problem with the activation page ( like an invalid key inserted ), you see it, and you see the error.

Try to disable the antivirus during the install. The installer is first decompressed in a temporary folder in the Windows temp folder, and almost every antivirus monitors that, so maybe it's blocking the complete extraction of the installer files.

JQuarry

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 04:54:57 pm »
I'm unable to log in to the Contrail app using my LVFR password, so activation will not take place. I'm stuck now - help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 02:14:33 am »
I'm unable to log in to the Contrail app using my LVFR password, so activation will not take place. I'm stuck now - help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Not sure what this has anything to do with FSDT.

JQuarry

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 04:38:51 pm »
Sorry - I meant FSDT.  I have logged in via Contrail and successfully entered the authorisation key, but the LSZH buildings still do not show.  Only the ground and jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 01:09:30 pm »
What do you mean with "I have logged with Contrail, and successfully entered the authorisation key" ? I don't know what Contrail is.