Author Topic: runway numbers  (Read 4670 times)

Kai-Uwe

runway numbers
« on: November 15, 2020, 07:49:48 pm »
just wanted to take off from runway 16 which I've choosen in the start menu. But I found myself on runwayend 34. Is this a problem with the sim or a is there a little bug in LSZH?
Beside that this scenery is an amazing piece :)!

Kai

msh

Re: runway numbers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:22:20 am »
I have the same problem with the runway numbers, hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Regards

msh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:03:39 pm »
It's likely a bug in the scenery editor, the compiler, or the sim.

The runway start positions have a "PRIMARY" and a "SECONDARY" tag in the scenery source XML so, in theory, it shouldn't matter in which order they are listed there, the sim should always recognize which is which.

However, if you edit the start positions and for some reason you start with the secondary one, it IS correctly flagged as "SECONDARY", but it appears in the source file *before* the primary one, just because you edited it first so, it seems the simulator ignores that tag, and always assume the start positions that comes first is always the primary.

So, we just swapped the two lines, and the problem is fixed, but it was clearly a simulator bug which ignores the runway start primary/secondary tag, since the very existence of the tag is precisely to allow to define them in any order, if it worked.

You can get the update now from the FSDT Live Update.

msh

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 01:54:56 pm »
Thank you for solving the bug.

This scenery is really great  :)

Best Regards

msh

Niklas

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 10:27:10 pm »
I have the same problem with the mixed runways. I bought the airport in the MSFS 2020 marketplace. How do I update or fix the problem? In-game it says version 1.1.0 and states up to date.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 10:39:40 pm »
I bought the airport in the MSFS 2020 marketplace. How do I update or fix the problem?

You cannot use the FSDT Live Updater if you bought a product on the MS Marketplace, you must wait for Microsoft to release it.

We sent the updated files since the day we released it but, before an update can be released there, it must be approved again, so it's normal to take a while to get it. In addition to that, the MS Marketplace team has been closed to new submissions during the holidays, they open next week, but we can't say for sure ( or have no control over ) when the update will be released, exactly.

Niklas

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 04:49:57 pm »
Yesterday I found that finally there was a new version 1.1.1 for download in-game, so now the ATC directs to the correct runway.

Great live winterconditions there now. :)