Author Topic: Zurich V2 for MSFS 2020 released  (Read 22021 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich V2 for MSFS 2020 released
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 02:22:06 pm »
FSDT has made it clear that they have left the Prepar3d business

We made it clear we haven't, since our premier product, that is GSX, is still fully developed for P3D as we speak. We released an update *YESTERDAY* ( we still haven't found time to update the release notes, but it will come up shortly ), which adds a new useful feature for developers to integrate better with GSX, and will be used by FS Labs soon.

Airports are an entirely different thing, meaning we cannot ignore MSFS and, if we didn't took action fast, we would have ended up with no products to sell in the new sim, since MSFS is not directly backward compatible with FSX like P3D was, and a proper conversion requires a lot of work in any case.

Fact is, the MSFS SDK, even if it's not completed yet, so you still can't have your FS Labs/PMDG/Leonardo planes and we can't do a proper GSX *yet*, it's very workable to do airport sceneries, and lots of things it does, cuts dramatically on development time.

Explaining this is really out of the scope of a post but, the two main things that affect this are the way the simulator handles sloped airport/runways, and the fact it has proper realtime shadows and Ambient Occlusion and a vastly improved lighting engine, make it easier and faster to model objects and textures in a way that will look good in the sim. And this makes it HARDER to "port back" to P3D, because if we took all the things we added to update CYVR and LSZH to MSFS back in P3D, they would look very bad, like a sim from 20 years ago, because they have been made *assuming* they would run on a certain kind of graphic engine, which is very different than P3D.

Others have not, so you can vote with your wallet.  I don't think it will matter is it seems clean that there's more $$$ in MSFS.

That what happens when people are voting with their wallets.

B777ER

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 03:02:37 pm »
Yep, MSFS is nothing more than a scenery simulator with a bunch of default Cessna's flying around. Quite pitiful really. And you cannot say you haven't abandoned P3D with your only fall back being GSX!! Come on, all you all are doing is issuing occasional updates for one tools type product with zero scenery coming anymore and you are going to sit here and use that for the right to say you haven't abandoned P3D? Nobody is falling for that. If that makes you sleep better at night than whatever, but everyone else knows your company has abandoned P3D. If I ever move to MSFS (and that is a big if as I have no confidence in Microsoft not pulling the plug on Asobo prior to the SDK being to the point we see PMDG/FSL in the sim a year or two from now), I will not buy anything anymore from FSDT on a matter of principle alone. Gaya or someone else will get my money.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 03:48:37 pm »
Yep, MSFS is nothing more than a scenery simulator with a bunch of default Cessna's flying around.

This will obviously change once advanced 3rd party airplanes will come out. Check how many *years* it took AFTER P3D originally came out, to have both PMDG and especially FS Labs planes working there.

And you cannot say you haven't abandoned P3D with your only fall back being GSX!!

I surely can, considering GSX still accounts for the majority of our sales. And yet we are keep doing FREE UPDATES for it, 8 years after its release. They don't come out of thin air, somebody is clearly working at it...

Come on, all you all are doing is issuing occasional updates for one tools type product with zero scenery coming anymore and you are going to sit here and use that for the right to say you haven't abandoned P3D? Nobody is falling for that.

You are missing the point, entirely.

The time needed to do a large airport during the last years kept increasing, but sales haven't increase in the same proportion, up to a point that it started to stop being sustainable, so we would probably have stopped doing airports altogether, even if there wasn't any MSFS, and would concentrate more on utilities, which have an automatically 10x higher sales potential. We are one of the few developers out there that is capable to do both, we used to be pretty good at airplanes a while ago so, what we do is to constantly adapt to the ever changing market situation.

mtbrkhrd

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2020, 04:56:35 pm »
Umberto,

I'm always happy to see Swiss airports being developed, on any platform. So thank you for doing LSZH!
I would really love to have a version for P3Dv5, since it will take more than a year before we can see FSL/PMDG/Leonardo/Majestic/A2A on MSFS. And the old Aerosoft scenery, despite the update, is WAY overdue for a current tech replacement. Yes Aerosoft did an update last year, however, the scenery still lacks ANY kind of current scenery technology. No SODE jetways, horribly outdated ground texturing, low-res building textures from the FSX era with no PBR, all topped off with bad FPS. So a new P3D version would fit very well into the market. So I hope you reconsider, having LSZH inside P3Dv5 at the same quality as LFSB would be a dream come true!

As for the MSFS version, I haven't bought it yet, as I'm not using MSFS right now due to lack of aircraft. However, looking at the screenshots, it is evident that you forgot to model the main fire station west of threshold RWY34. That one is quite visible as it features a small tower attached to the building. So I hope you can add this fire station in an update.

thomasl123

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2020, 04:56:54 pm »
You parked a bit too close to the terminal, and the jetway head tried its best to reach the door anyway. Yes, a real jetway might not be able to do that but, we purposely gave more freedom to move, so it will attach more easily, especially with AI, which might not always park as they should.

It looks like that, when you start the Sim at Gate A15 with Airbus Neo and moving then the Gateway.....

THX for checking

Andreasmb

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 06:05:28 pm »
+1 for lacking the really prominent Firestation, and do hope to see that in a next update. Could be also a bit more usual "airport equipment clutter" on tarmac in vicinity of the gates
But as a version 1.0 great to have it in MSFS at all.
tks,
Andreas

airbadger

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 02:25:50 pm »
Does anyone have screenshots of the GA ramp areas? I might buy this but the only aircraft worth flying in MSFS is the modded CJ4.

looping

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 04:25:48 pm »
I have purchased LSZH at simmarket and installed in the already existing Addon Manager where it created a MSFS directory with the  fsdreamteam-airport-lszh-zurich  folder and a link in the Common folder of MSFS.
All seems to be ok.

However starting LSZH or slewing close to it will result in immediate CTD!

Thanks for any help!

Ernst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 05:18:32 pm »
However starting LSZH or slewing close to it will result in immediate CTD!

Most likely an AI with a corrupted file/livery/texture that appears only there. Surely not a scenery problem. Are you using non-default AI addons ?

looping

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2020, 10:58:41 pm »
Thanks for your reaction!

I have no AI addon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 12:29:54 am »
I have no AI addon.

What other add-ons you have ?

looping

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 02:59:18 pm »
Now it works!

Moved it out of the Addon Manager to the MSFS_Addons_Linker and there it shows!

Thanks for your efforts!

Ernst

nils8107

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 05:40:15 pm »
Thanks for the FS2020 Zürich Airport.
Do you plan to update "The Circle" Building soon?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 02:14:56 am »
Do you plan to update "The Circle" Building soon?

Soon = Tomorrow.

nils8107

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 05:25:28 pm »
Thank you for the update. Now the airport looks really nice. Great job!