Author Topic: Weak dynamic lighting?  (Read 8122 times)

airbadger

Weak dynamic lighting?
« on: October 31, 2020, 06:12:26 pm »
Is it just me or are is there little or very dim dynamic lighting in some spots? https://imgur.com/a/rfRr0zy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Weak dynamic lighting?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 11:56:04 pm »
You don't say which simulator you use and, it would have been helpful getting coordinates in the screenshot, especially if it's so dark.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 12:54:12 am »
Sorry, V5 HF2 Gate 11

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 07:50:55 pm »
I think what I experienced was the bug where dynamic lighting breaks when you arrive at an airport because I just spawned in straight from the start screen and DL is working as expected.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 01:20:03 am »
I think what I experienced was the bug where dynamic lighting breaks when you arrive at an airport because I just spawned in straight from the start screen and DL is working as expected.

I have experienced the same and I also think it's that dynamic lighting bug you mentioned. I've seen small fixes/config files for other sceneries for that issue. Attached screenshot taken entering the main Apron on S1, taken in v5.1 WITHOUT the HF installed, just regular 5.1. EA/HDR turned on.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 02:38:40 am »
Update: loaded in fresh and, while dim, there is now ramp/building lighting. I think it's definitely that dynamic lighting bug where they don't appear if you flew out of an airport that doesn't have them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 11:39:46 am »
Update: loaded in fresh and, while dim, there is now ramp/building lighting. I think it's definitely that dynamic lighting bug where they don't appear if you flew out of an airport that doesn't have them.

Are you using HDR ? If not, that would explain why lights looks a bit dim.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 06:37:09 pm »

Are you using HDR ? If not, that would explain why lights looks a bit dim.
Yes, but I'm not worried about the lights being dim, just the issue where the lights are completely gone when arriving from a non-dynamic lights airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 04:51:16 pm »
Yes, but I'm not worried about the lights being dim, just the issue where the lights are completely gone when arriving from a non-dynamic lights airport.

Nothing we can really control, we just placed lights, if they don't activate, it's a problem of the sim.

Also, you don't say if you have the "Full dynamic lights" option enabled or not. The scenery has two sets of dynamic lights:

- a base set which is always active and it's controlled by the simulator over which don't have any control over

- an additional set controlled by our script engine, which you activate with the YouControl menu.

If you haven't activated the additional set and you are getting the known simulator but of not seeing lights on arrival, you are not getting any lights. The only ones we can control are the 2nd set.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 08:31:22 pm »

Nothing we can really control, we just placed lights, if they don't activate, it's a problem of the sim.

This is a relatively well known issue with other sceneries, and other scenery developers have been able to put out fixes to stop this being an issue with their scenery.

Also, you don't say if you have the "Full dynamic lights" option enabled or not. The scenery has two sets of dynamic lights:

It is enabled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 11:23:02 am »
This is a relatively well known issue with other sceneries, and other scenery developers have been able to put out fixes to stop this being an issue with their scenery.

Those "fixes" have a big impact on fps, since they use an effect controller, which is executed at every frame to "refresh" the effect, that's why we rather not using it.

It is enabled.

Then you should at least see the one handled by our scripting engine. However, those will not show from any distance, and this is intentional, for obvious performance reasons, they only appear if you go close to the terminal they belong to.

Please confirm if these are working.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 07:25:00 pm »
Please confirm if these are working.

They are working, so long as I do not fly to the airport from another airport not using dynamic lighting. Then they are not working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2020, 11:42:00 am »
They are working, so long as I do not fly to the airport from another airport not using dynamic lighting. Then they are not working.

I'm sorry, but it's not possible that both the custom DL lights and the default DL lights would both suffer from that issue. Please check again, because it you are *really* affected by the known bug of the sim that doesn't show DL lights when arriving at an airport, it would only affect default DL lights in a .BGL, not the custom ones we create using Simconnect.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 05:23:58 pm »

I'm sorry, but it's not possible that both the custom DL lights and the default DL lights would both suffer from that issue. Please check again, because it you are *really* affected by the known bug of the sim that doesn't show DL lights when arriving at an airport, it would only affect default DL lights in a .BGL, not the custom ones we create using Simconnect.

Well, I hate to be a source of frustration and/or disappointment to you, but unless I'm misunderstanding what you want me to check is working, the impossible has happened and the dynamic lighting works unless I fly in from an airport without dynamic lighting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 07:43:10 am »
Well, I hate to be a source of frustration and/or disappointment to you, but unless I'm misunderstanding what you want me to check is working, the impossible has happened and the dynamic lighting works unless I fly in from an airport without dynamic lighting.

But since it IS impossible, then the only possible explanation left, is you are checking the wrong stuff. An example of the custom lights controlled with Simconnect that are not affected by that bug in the sim, are those in the internal of the terminals. Do you have them on arrival ?