Author Topic: KDCA Activation  (Read 7064 times)

drpilot848

• Doug's Flights of Fancy
KDCA Activation
« on: October 31, 2020, 04:15:13 pm »
Hi, I have read here in order to avoid asking but I don't see any solution so I hope you can help with it.

I just installed the KDCA scenery to my now windows 10 computer but the activation will not take. I installed your stand alone activation module and the menu comes up in FS2004. I am able to put in my key and there is no error reported but the scenery is deactivated after the trial period anyway.

I have the original receipt from Cloud 9 from 2007 with my key.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDCA Activation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 12:12:34 am »
I'm sorry but, after the Esellerate closure in 2019, is not possible at this time to reactivate Cloud9 products. We have been trying to contact the former Cloud9 owners to find a solution, but haven't been able to get in touch with them so far.

drpilot848

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 02:17:58 pm »
Thank you for the response.

So the only way for me to get this to work would be to purchase it again from you and use your installer? Please let me know and I will consider my options.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 01:33:22 am »
So the only way for me to get this to work would be to purchase it again from you and use your installer?

Cloud9 product cannot even be purchased right now, since after Esellerate closure, the former Cloud9 owners should have signed with MyCommerce, possibly moving all the past orders to the new activation servers, which is another company, which requires licensing a new software to handle activations, which is what we did, but I guess considering how few FS9 users out there, they might decided not do it, considering they quit the whole flight sim business ( and the software business too ), more than 10 years ago.

I could understand the reasoning: just the yearly license fees for the activation servers would be more expensive than yearly sales of FS9 products, so my proposal was just get rid of the activation and make all Cloud9 products free, but I couldn't get through them yet...

drpilot848

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 05:05:30 pm »
Understood. That's just the way it goes. Life goes on...
 ;)