Author Topic: KORD Performance MSFS  (Read 5995 times)

idaniel83

KORD Performance MSFS
« on: October 28, 2020, 12:25:21 pm »
What kind of performance benchmarking are people experiencing?  Even with the new RTX 3080 I'm stuttering in the low 20's fps on short final & touchdown (A320 Neo, clear weather, 'High' graphics settings). The only other airports I see comparably low performance at are the 'handcrafted' Asobo ones.

Er!k

Re: KORD Performance MSFS
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 02:29:09 pm »
What is the performance you get at the default airport?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Performance MSFS
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 04:54:43 pm »
What kind of performance benchmarking are people experiencing?  Even with the new RTX 3080 I'm stuttering in the low 20's fps on short final & touchdown (A320 Neo, clear weather, 'High' graphics settings).

I get higher fps with ULTRA settings, with the default 787 ( which is the slowest airplane in the sim ), with a 2080Ti and an old i7-6700 CPU, not overclocked, and I still get higher fps than the Asobo handcrafted O'Hare:

Handcrafted KORD from Asobo
http://update.fsdreamteam.com.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Desktop-01-09-2020-19-38-04-383.jpg

FSDT KORD
http://update.fsdreamteam.com.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Desktop-01-09-2020-19-51-04-536.jpg

The only other airports I see comparably low performance at are the 'handcrafted' Asobo ones.

The usage of plural here makes we wonder: have you made a comparison at the SAME settings with the handcrafted KORD ? That would be the only comparison that makes sense to do and, as long as you are not getting worse fps with FSDT, I'd say it's all fine, considering how much better FSDT KORD looks like compared to the "handcrafted" Asobo version.

Our design goal was to achieve an fps NOT LOWER than the handcrafted version, with a visible better quality, and that has been clearly achieved.