Author Topic: GSX Ground Services TWO YEARS ON!  (Read 2858 times)

Mikie46

GSX Ground Services TWO YEARS ON!
« on: October 23, 2020, 07:08:50 am »
I left the fsim community 2yrs back, just around the time LEVEL 2 came out. Back then, 2yrs ago, the functionality of GSX gave us SODE animated jetways and i had it operational at almost every airport.

2yrs later, YOU PEOPLE have removed that functionality from GSX LEVEL 1 and put it in LEVEL 2 just to fatten your bank accounts.

I WAS NEVER INTERESTED in stupid animated people and creating jet ways with different color GLASS. I never intended to upgrade (that should have been up to me, my decision, not yours) as to whether i wanted to see those dumb figures running around.

I hated LEVEL 2 from the start and to this day i hate it!!!! Now that im back with a SUPER COMPUTER and running p3dv4.5 im faced with limited functions! In fact, i get an annoying POPUP in the sim telling me that if i want to use SODE I NEED TO UPGRADE.

WHY? It was ALWAYS INCLUDED IN GSX LEVEL 1, so... NO THANKS!!! Not interested. But i think it was DISGUSTING how author(s) pulled the fast one on everyone (if they remember) and forced people to UPGRADE $$$$$$$$.

I will never buy another addon from this company again. No airports, no nothing. I feel cheated like i think many others around here do. The only difference is they forgot and choose to shut up about it!

ALSO, now when i open the SIM and look around NOTHING IS HAPPENING. It used to be, that when you opened the SIM and looked around GSX was in full action, baggage handlers, fuel trucks etc was a bustling scene. NOW its dead! The only time you see something happening is when you

start up GSX. What happened here?

Also .... the moderators around here need to use more tact and need to get a life! Telling people RUDELY that we have already spoken about this subject and go here and go there is NOT RIGHT!

There is no need to be so rude and abrupt ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PEOPLE HERE ARE SPENDING THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY on a module that practically need a BS DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE!

Those are my gripes now deal with it!!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 07:28:42 am by Mikie46 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Ground Services TWO YEARS ON!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 01:29:05 pm »
I left the fsim community 2yrs back, just around the time LEVEL 2 came out. Back then, 2yrs ago, the functionality of GSX gave us SODE animated jetways and i had it operational at almost every airport.

2yrs later, YOU PEOPLE have removed that functionality from GSX LEVEL 1 and put it in LEVEL 2 just to fatten your bank accounts.

First mistake: you made a wrong comment based on your lack of understanding of how GSX worked, and how GSX L2 works as well. The base GSX never had ANY relationship to jetways, AT ALL. Nothing in the base GSX changed, enhanced, improved or affected in any way the way jetways worked, regardless how they were made. The base GSX is totally unrelated to jetways.

So no, you are wrong stating GSX Level 2 "removed" some functions that were added by the base GSX, because the base GSX never had anything to do with jetways to begin with.

I WAS NEVER INTERESTED in stupid animated people and creating jet ways with different color GLASS. I never intended to upgrade (that should have been up to me, my decision, not yours) as to whether i wanted to see those dumb figures running around.

I hated LEVEL 2 from the start and to this day i hate it!!!! Now that im back with a SUPER COMPUTER and running p3dv4.5 im faced with limited functions! In fact, i get an annoying POPUP in the sim telling me that if i want to use SODE I NEED TO UPGRADE

Nothing in this sentence bears any relationship to what's really happening. What GSX Level 2 does, when installing it, is the following:

- It *replaces* a SINGLE jetway model, the one used in default airports, with a GSX Level 2 jetway that is made with the same measurements ( so it will fit just the same on all default airports ), and when you try to use that one, meaning you are on a default airport, if GSX Level 2 is not purchased, it will suggest to buy the upgrade.

That's the ONLY change GSX Level 2 does automatically.

- Nothing is changed at 3rd party airports that use custom jetways using the standard CTRL+J system, they will continue to work as they always did.

- Nothing is changed at 3rd party airports that SODE jetways they will continue to work as they always did.

- Nothing is changed at FSDT airports that comes with GSX Level 2 jetways, they will continue to for FOR FREE with the full GSX ( + Level 2 ) regardless if GSX is purchased or not and regardless if the Level 2 expansion is purchased or not.

So no, you are completely wrong here and, the only thing GSX L2 does to the jetways, is to replace the default model used by default airports. And no, we haven't "hijacked" your default jetways on default airports, requiring you to pay to "get them back", as clearly indicated on the GSX Manual, Page 4:
Page 4 of the GSX manual:

"If want to go back to the default jetway models, you can use the GSX Control Panel to restore them."

So, if you click the "Restore jetways" button in the GSX Control Panel, even your default jetways will be back. They'll be back to their old and buggy model, but they will be animated, exactly as they always were before installing GSX L2.

So, if you are not interested in GSX Level 2, just don't buy it, and restore default jetways, the rest of GSX ( and the sim ) will continue to work as it always was.

WHY? It was ALWAYS INCLUDED IN GSX LEVEL 1, so... NO THANKS!!! Not interested. But i think it was DISGUSTING how author(s) pulled the fast one on everyone (if they remember) and forced people to UPGRADE $$$$$$$$.

You are wrong, again. SODE was never included or required in the base GSX. For the obvious reason the base GSX *NEVER* dealt with jetways so, it didn't use or require SODE.

I will never buy another addon from this company again. No airports, no nothing.

Well, considering you apparently had NO IDEA what you bought in the first place, I'm not sure about the meaning of this sentence.

I feel cheated like i think many others around here do. The only difference is they forgot and choose to shut up about it!

If this was your version of "why nobody even complained about this", maybe this should have been your clue that, MAYBE, all the things you wrote were just due to your LACK of understanding of how GSX worked and how GSX L2 changed that ?

ALSO, now when i open the SIM and look around NOTHING IS HAPPENING. It used to be, that when you opened the SIM and looked around GSX was in full action, baggage handlers, fuel trucks etc was a bustling scene. NOW its dead! The only time you see something happening is when you  start up GSX. What happened here?

You wrong, again. Everybody knows that GSX never did or started anything automatically on its own, unless you started it. This hasn't changed since 2012 when it was originally released, and it's still like this today.

In fact, one might say the reality is exactly the opposite as you are saying here because, while the base GSX never "started" automatically, GSX Level 2 at least automatically places his jetways on an airport that use them.

Also .... the moderators around here need to use more tact and need to get a life! Telling people RUDELY that we have already spoken about this subject and go here and go there is NOT RIGHT!

In this case I'll make an exception for you because your post is so littered of wrong facts ( nothing you wrote is correct ) that I can only congratulate for such original writing. Nobody wrote something like that before, you are the first, and it must have taken some effort to write a whole post when nothing in it bears any resemblance to the facts.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:07:04 pm by virtuali »

micstatic

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 02:04:08 pm »
every piece of software has its quirks.  GSX is no different.  But I find it to be an excellent piece of software that I wouldn't fly without.  It's a shame that the developer has to respond to users who lack a basic understanding of how to use it . Not to mention the rudeness of the OP

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 04:07:43 pm »
I am a great fan of GSX L2  ;)

adamjpestridge@gmail.com

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 12:39:35 pm »
Well this just seems to be RIP everyone today

Ive been using Flight Simulation since FS2000 and have had version since. I am now on P3Dv5 and only just got GSX products back in 2017 after watching many years of others using them. I have never had an issue from these products ever, I find Ground Services essential in my sim for my flights and their airports are really nice looking. I cant relate to what Mr Moaner is saying although if it was really that bad, I would simply delete it from my sim and walk away cuz Ive never had a refund for a digital product and Id rather fill my life with positive things and use add ons I like, rather than vomiting negativity everywhere.....

Looking forward to flushing this one down the lavatory when its available in GSX, any timeline on that please?