Author Topic: GSX Suggestions  (Read 7071 times)

adrianb4

GSX Suggestions
« on: October 20, 2020, 10:14:33 pm »
Hi,

I was thinking it would be neat if when operating stairs, you could choose for L1, L2 or both, similar to when operating jetways. Sometimes I only want one set of stairs, not two.

Also, is it possible to get a towing feature, where a tug would come and tow you to a parking spot?

Thanks, love the product!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 07:49:27 am »
Also, is it possible to get a towing feature, where a tug would come and tow you to a parking spot?
This one I know they said was in the works, so they're planning on adding it in at some point.
Captain Kevin

CS-TMT

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 09:32:21 pm »
Another suggestion: when refuelling a "standard" aircraft with no build in fuel load method and using the defauld method, instead of the truck asking for the percentage of desired fuel filling, an option to choose the exact amount desired, just as it asks for the number of passengers one wishes to load.

EasternT32

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:01:26 pm »
I haven't used GSX Level 2 - so don't know if this is possible but can the pushback feature become something like better pushback, I feel it would make pushbacks on VATSIM better for if we get a more complicated push, from what I remember it isn't the easiest to configure your own push through the settings

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 01:00:38 am »
I haven't used GSX Level 2 - so don't know if this is possible but can the pushback feature become something like better pushback, I feel it would make pushbacks on VATSIM better for if we get a more complicated push, from what I remember it isn't the easiest to configure your own push through the settings
Care to clarify?
Captain Kevin

EasternT32

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:11:52 pm »
It may have changed since I last used GSX but say you are on stand 311 at EGLL and VATSIM clears you to push facing East/West on Taxiway Bravo, last time I used GSX it would only give you the option for a straight push or tail left - which is the right way to face but your aircraft would go through a blast fence (detracting from the realism). What I am meant to say is can you create custom pushback routes, a bit easier than last time I used GSX (sorry this could already be a thing, it's been a couple years since I used P3D) as I remember you had to edit the AFCAD in the settings and from what I recall it wasn't the easiest.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:25:23 pm »
It may have changed since I last used GSX but say you are on stand 311 at EGLL and VATSIM clears you to push facing East/West on Taxiway Bravo, last time I used GSX it would only give you the option for a straight push or tail left - which is the right way to face but your aircraft would go through a blast fence (detracting from the realism). What I am meant to say is can you create custom pushback routes, a bit easier than last time I used GSX (sorry this could already be a thing, it's been a couple years since I used P3D) as I remember you had to edit the AFCAD in the settings and from what I recall it wasn't the easiest.
You can already customize the pushback routes via the GSX parking editor.
Captain Kevin

EasternT32

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 08:03:26 pm »
Thanks- I will wait for GSX to be released for MSFS to reinvest this. For some reason I have the custom pushback being quite complicated but I’m probably wrong.

Another suggestion, and I’m not saying any company should copy another company but have FSDT thought about introducing voice communication for pushback, I can’t think how it could be implemented for other GSX services

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 01:16:24 pm »
can the pushback feature become something like better pushback

GSX custom pushback creation using the "Quick Edit" feature, is very similar to Better Pushback, meaning it can be used as part of the pushback procedure, and it also allows to create multiple pushback for each parking, to save them and name them with a friendly name, so they will appear as additional options the next time you use that parking.

EasternT32

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 06:17:22 pm »
Thank you for the video, I'm looking forward to GSX for MSFS