Author Topic: Vancouver V2 for MSFS. Flat Airliner objects.  (Read 4655 times)

por930

Vancouver V2 for MSFS. Flat Airliner objects.
« on: October 17, 2020, 04:18:06 am »
I have just loaded and live update Vancouver V2 for MSFS.

I notice flat airliner objects scattered about the airport. What are they? Can I get rid of them as looks strange.
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vancouver V2 for MSFS. Flat Airliner objects.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 03:19:57 pm »
Are you referring to some seaplanes ?

por930

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 02:17:00 am »
Hi, the aircraft I see are always white and flat and not sea planes...sort of like some one took a photo of the airport while aircraft were there either parked or taxiing and used this for the scenery. The attached three pics show these white aircraft. On my CYVR, these are scattered over taxiways as well as parking spots. When you get close to them, they look like white aircraft shapes painted on the ground.
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 10:46:12 pm »
Hi, the aircraft I see are always white and flat and not sea planes...sort of like some one took a photo of the airport while aircraft were there either parked or taxiing and used this for the scenery

What you are looking at, is the default underlying satellite image from Bing, it's not coming from our scenery. The problem is, there's supposed to be our custom texture on top of it, you are basically missing ALL our ground textures.

Which is strange because, they are called by the same .BGL that calls the 3d buildings, which you have.

Do you have other sceneries in the area ?

por930

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 01:39:03 am »
Hi, because it is MFS2020, and still quite new, I have only have a few addon sceneries. The only USA/Canada MFS scenery I have is Flightbeam KDEN, which should not be an issue?

In the old FSX days, we could 'stop' out the stock sceneries, so that the FSDT scenery took priority. Is there a way I can turn off the MFS2020 CYVR scenery to make sure some of it is not 'leaking' into MFS?
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 05:27:18 am »
Is there a way I can turn off the MFS2020 CYVR scenery to make sure some of it is not 'leaking' into MFS?

Try to rearrange the order of areas in the CONTENT.XML, which is located one level up from the Community folder. Some users reported this might help.

por930

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 09:43:17 am »
I carried out a search of my content.xml files, and came up with the attached. I moved CYVR, which was at the bottom to the second position...and lost all my ground effects now.??see pic. I did not have this issue with the only two other sceneries I have....Aerosoft pederborn or Flightbeam kden sceneries. I will remove and reinstall and see if this gets the ground effects to appear.

**EDIT** I uninstalled and reinstalled CYVR for MFS and now back to square 1, being I would appear to have the buildings, but the ground is very, "basic".

I notice that the location of CYVR in the CONTENT>XML, is still in position 2, and it now has the ability to see the Bing ground textures, as per latest pic. Some how, MFS not happy with the FSDT layout. I am having a few CTDT, but that could be just MFS, which still appears very delicate.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:00:27 pm by por930 »
Geoff

por930

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 02:14:03 am »
Looking at how MFS2020 is working on my machine, I can see I have a serious case of ground texture graphics issues. With all my addons now removed from the Community folder so that there is no addon forcing its textures into the base load, I still have airport ground textures looking like I am in a jungle setting, with rough Bing views of airports or any ground textures overriding "High End" config settings the install set. When I can resolve this, I will reinstall addon sceneries.

Looking on the MFS forums, I received a comment saying "my issue" is known by Asobo..

He stated, "Ground textures, such as various pavements (several types), concrete (several types), etc., from add-ons will effect the global MSFS textures. Add-ons take priority over the default. For example: You install an airport addon for 1 airport. If that one airport has a texture that is used in MSFS default, all airports that use that default texture will be overridden by that add-on texture."

My view of YSSY after all sceneries removed from the community folder seems to say, in my case, the dodgy ground textures remain, despite removal off addon sceneries.

Maybe the only resolution is for a reinstall?? Sounds a dreadful solution due to the download size will take me several days. For me, MFS offers great scenery and sloping runways. I think I will give up on MFS for the next several months and return to the stability of now very dated P3Dv4.5
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 11:52:11 am »
He stated, "Ground textures, such as various pavements (several types), concrete (several types), etc., from add-ons will effect the global MSFS textures. Add-ons take priority over the default. For example: You install an airport addon for 1 airport. If that one airport has a texture that is used in MSFS default, all airports that use that default texture will be overridden by that add-on texture."

Doesn't apply to CYVR, since we haven't redefined any texture for default pavements. But of course, if you have another add-on that did that, it could affect CYVR too.

The problem is you ARE seeing buildings, you are only missing ground stuff and, they are in the SAME .BGL, if the problem was our installation, you wouldn't see anything, but fact you are missing just the ground thing seems to indicate something must be very wrong at the low-level, for example an issue with the simulator install, that for some reason affects the shaders that draw ground, which are in fact different than the ones that draws 3d buildings.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 11:38:00 am by virtuali »

por930

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 08:45:40 am »
Hi Umberto, Ok, fixed..Well, I reset MFS..had to go the 87GB download route again, but at the end, all my concrete pavements were back and I no longer needed a lawn mower. I tried the stock CYVR..a tad basic, but does the job..sort of. I then installed the FSDT CYVR and I noticed that at the end of the install, the installer carried out a live update..372 steps as I recall. I noticed FSDT mentioned an update. Do I need to do the Live update again, or will todays CYVR install, bring in the update when it used the live update?

When I checked the Community folder, there was no FSDT in there. But, everything seems to work ok this time.
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 11:41:18 am »
Well, I reset MFS..had to go the 87GB download route again, but at the end, all my concrete pavements were back and I no longer needed a lawn mower.

It was quite sure it was something wrong with your basic simulator install, probably some default files got corrupted.

I then installed the FSDT CYVR and I noticed that at the end of the install, the installer carried out a live update..372 steps as I recall. I noticed FSDT mentioned an update. Do I need to do the Live update again, or will todays CYVR install, bring in the update when it used the live update?

All FSDT installers runs the Live Update after they complete, so you can be sure you always get the latest version of what you are installing. And, all the FSDT products you already had installed will be updated too, for both P3D and MSFS.

After you original installation, you will have to run the FSDT Live Update from time to time, the only difference is, since we don't have any software module in MSFS yet, you won't be automatically notified if there's an update for an MSFS product, like you would in FSX or P3D.

When I checked the Community folder, there was no FSDT in there. But, everything seems to work ok this time.

If you installed CYVR, you'll find a symbolic link to it, which points to your Addon Manager\MSFS location, which is where files really are.

por930

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 01:45:56 am »
Hi Umberto, OK, I found the "official" Community folder. With the reinstall, it had reconfigured itself back to the C: drive, from the E drive I had it previously. I need to learn how to "correctly" move, or symbolic link my E drive Community folder, because my C drive, being only for the OS and its dependant files, is a small SSD.

I suspect I did some thing wrong with my first attempt at the Community folder relocation, causing serious issues in the scenery department. Considering the last chaos I caused, I will treat the symbolic link addition with great respect, especially the ability to go 'back' if it all goes wrong to reduce the need for the 87GB re-download.

I also notice in the Addon Manager folder, 17 unins exe and dat files, amongst the other FSDT related files.

When I ran the Live update tool after the install of CYVR, it brought in the MFS CYVR update. My program manager says it is version 1.0.1.
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 12:49:20 pm »
My program manager says it is version 1.0.1.

That indication doesn't tell you which version you really have. It only tell you which installer you used to install it but, since the Live Update will always update everything and it's being run after every installation, unless you seen errors from the Live Update, you can be sure you have the latest version of every file.

Easy check: do you see the new Mall area with its new car parkings ? If yes, then you have the very latest version.