Author Topic: CTD's  (Read 21548 times)

pmplayer

Re: CTD's
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2021, 02:40:49 pm »
Is this the Asobos NEO or Flybywire ?
Mine is still crashing ,the only thing now i could try is to complitly move everything out the community Folder
except CYVR and try with standard Installation.
This is the only thing i didn't Test yet..

But so far ( only with your CYVR ) i got no probs at all and my Rig works superstable !

cheers  ;)

pmplayer

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 04:15:02 pm »
By the way: I see a lot postings about CTD at CYVR, so are this still alive or do you guys fixed the problem/issue with some kind of a solution ?

Please reply !

cheers  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2021, 06:11:40 pm »
Is this the Asobos NEO or Flybywire ?

It's default, when testing if a scenery has a problem, it should always be tested with everything default.

Another common cause of users assuming a scenery has a problem, it's a problem with AI.

Due to different parking codes ( default scenery doesn't have any airline code, ours do ) compared to default, the kind of AI you see will change depending if you use default or the add-on airport. So, if one of your AI has a problem, and that AI doesn't appear in the default airport, or appears in different time/dates, you can be easily mislead assuming the airport has a problem, because if you remove the add-on airport, the problem might go away, so you can say "it happens only on that airport, I removed it and goes away, so it must be the airport", but it might be an AI with missing/corrupted/wrong textures for a specific livery.

I'll repeat it again, in case the 20 minutes long video I posted wasn't enough: this scenery has been released months ago in the MS Marketplace and, I can assure you if it really caused a crash on its own, it won't be approved because, while MS doesn't really question if a scenery is "nice" or not, they surely test from crashes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:17:19 pm by virtuali »

pmplayer

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2021, 06:56:53 pm »
OK i want to report back so i don`t make any bad blood here..

Maybe i am a lucky man but it isn`t 100% tested yet but looks good so far, the testing of last hours looking very promising  8)

I decided for me to focus on the AI Aircraft and i have a lot A320, 747-8 and 787-10`s in my community folder, so what to do ?
I leave the AI settings in the Sim to on because what is a Sim witout AI Aircraft so to have all emty Airports that couldn`t be the thing.

So i beginn with the A320 and took all my A320 out of the community so i have only the other leave inside.
So the first Test shows ( i setted my plane, an 787 ) to Runway 8R to start and drive it from there over the taxiways to the Gates docked on and ordered the bagage car and the catering truck
waiting they doeing her job and this all takes around 25 mins and therefore i got the crahes most off the time before.

OK i shut off the Sim checked around 15 off my A320 and found at 2 some anomalies in the ac.cfg file what i corrected.
This tested A320 liveries i than copied back for another start from the Sim and everything went OK - so looks good.

Now i have to check my other lets say 30 A320 liverys and copy them back over again also.

Now as i said not 100% shure but hopefully i get over it, will see but have a good feeling  :D

cheers  ;)

Vee One

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2021, 01:38:29 am »
@Metrosz:

Seems to me that Vancouver has this problem with the ai. Not even other FSDT airports have this problem with the liveries. I even tried the Vancouver airport with the original livery (having no extra liveries in the sim) using the flybywire A32NX and it still exited without error every time between 3 minutes and 7 minutes after loading the scenery and being parked in the gate. I did the same at FSDT's KORD and it all worked well.

I believe FSDT should look into the scenery code and see what can it do to fix it as again, it's the ONLY scenery that does that.

I agree that as ASOBO updates their simulator, things can change. But as all the other scenery developers do fixes for their airports (i.e. Flightbeam just took out a fix for their Denver airport because of the latest Asobo update), FSDT should look int it as well. Again, KORD works perfectly with the flybywire A32NX with all the liveries I have, as do other payware airports I own for MSFS.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 01:41:00 am by Vee One »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2021, 03:40:55 pm »
Seems to me that Vancouver has this problem with the ai.

A scenery cannot have a "problem with AI". If an AI is causing a CTD, the problem is the AI ONLY, it doesn't anything to do with the scenery, unless you are trying to say the scenery shouldn't have real world airline code assigned to gates ( the default scenery doesn't have them ), which will attract different AI with matching codes that MIGHT have a problem which, of course, is not the scenery fault.

Not even other FSDT airports have this problem with the liveries

This sentence doesn't mean anything for the reasons explained above. There's no such thing as a scenery with "problems with liveries".

I even tried the Vancouver airport with the original livery (having no extra liveries in the sim) using the flybywire A32NX and it still exited without error every time between 3 minutes and 7 minutes after loading the scenery and being parked in the gate.

Clearly proving the scenery doesn't have anything to do with it, but it's an AI that entered in the area after a while. If the scenery was a problem, the crash would have happened immediately, because the whole scenery loads immediately, only AIs appears after minutes.

I believe FSDT should look into the scenery code and see what can it do to fix it as again, it's the ONLY scenery that does that.

There's nothing we can do if your AI ( or something else ) is causing a crash in the Vancover area.

I agree that as ASOBO updates their simulator, things can change. But as all the other scenery developers do fixes for their airports (i.e. Flightbeam just took out a fix for their Denver airport because of the latest Asobo update), FSDT should look int it as well

Fact that other sceneries had to be updated because changes in the sim, doesn't mean every scenery requires updates, and CYVR surely doesn't require any changes, since the only problem the PREVIOUS update caused to it, which were the taxiway lights spread around randomly, was clearly a simulator bug that has been fixed in the current update.

So, please, stop saying FSDT CYVR has a CTD issue, because it hasn't, and your report of it happening only after several minutes clearly proves that, if my previous 20-minutes long video wasn't enough already.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:42:35 pm by virtuali »

Vee One

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2021, 08:52:15 pm »
Hi Umberto,

So you're saying the default MSFS 2020 AI is the problem?

Thanks for clarifying that.

Could you also tell me if it's possible to move my Vancouver license from the MSFS Marketplace to your FSDT store?

Thanks for clarifying!

Have a great Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 08:54:53 pm by Vee One »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2021, 09:30:43 pm »
So you're saying the default MSFS 2020 AI is the problem?

I'm saying what I already proven with my video ( 20 minutes long, takeoff and landing at CYVR ), that FSDT CYVR doesn't crash on its own. I can't be sure YOUR problem is caused by AI, both because I cannot be absolutely sure you really removed any airplane that, as an AI, might crash, but even if you had, I cannot possibly say if in YOUR case, the cause might be something else, not AI related.

AI is only the most common case, but it's not the only one, another possible cause for CTD which has also been discussed here in this thread, is a problem with Rolling cache, that is usually fixed by deleting it.

Could you also tell me if it's possible to move my Vancouver license from the MSFS Marketplace to your FSDT store?

We can't do that, since Microsoft doesn't share customer data with developers.

steveanderson

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2021, 07:21:08 pm »
In my experience the CTDs are definitely caused by ai livery addons. I also had CTDs at CYVR not only with FSDT CYVR, but also a competitors payware of CYVR. For both payware versions of CYVR the CTDs happened approximately 5 miles away from CYVR on any approach. Deleting the ai livery addons fixed the CTDs for both payware versions of the CYVR airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2021, 08:21:35 pm »
In my experience the CTDs are definitely caused by ai livery addons. I also had CTDs at CYVR not only with FSDT CYVR, but also a competitors payware of CYVR.

I think we provided ample evidence of that. I really hope nobody bought another CYVR just to fix CTDs which were mistakenly assumed to be caused by our version.

rangerxman

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2021, 12:12:26 am »
I am minimum spec and ran CYVR without problems, but then it would CTD logging into or approaching the airport. Having temporarily removed the airfield replicated the problem, so I'm sure it's not the addon itself.

Broader issues with the KSEA traffic area seems to be a thing, would the next prudent step would be to temporarily remove all addons, then gradually re-install them testing against YVR performance?

Are there settings or apps I should shoul down. For example... disable developer mode? Lower or disable traffic density settings?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2021, 01:26:54 pm »
I am minimum spec and ran CYVR without problems, but then it would CTD logging into or approaching the airport. Having temporarily removed the airfield replicated the problem, so I'm sure it's not the addon itself.

"Having removed the airfield replicated the problem" is further proof what we have been trying to explain so many times: the problem is NOT the scenery. The most likely cause is some AI with a missing/corrupted texture.  In some cases, even a multiplayer airplane with a livery or a model you don't have MIGHT cause a CTD, anywyere.

rangerxman

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2021, 01:35:18 am »
I replicated the exact flight. Flew it with default planes, no YVR addon (or any addons) and AI off. Still CTD during the downwind leg just before turning base.

I'm 100% sure it's not the addon insomuch as trying to figure what's corrupted on the subsequent scenery load. I suspect near YVR in the native code base. Why? Two reasons. I cannot load the sim from any airports near YVR. This includes, Boundary Bay, Abbotsford and Pitt Meadows as departures. However. I can depart from Nanaimo, fly into the zone and arrive anywhere except YVR.

I'll try teleporting around next and see how that works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2021, 09:28:53 am »
I suspect near YVR in the native code base

It might be possible but, when trying, I was never able to replicate it, surely not with 0% AI ( which also means no Multiplayer, because other users airplane are handled very similar to AI )

rangerxman

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2021, 05:42:09 am »
I had a few problems with SU6 and it was reported the hotfix would address some CTD issues.

Once I got the Xbox login issue resolved, I was able to fly near, start into or SDK teleport to YVR with no issues.

The addon runs and looks great. It takes a bit of time to load fully, but I expected that given I'm minimum spec.