Author Topic: CTD's  (Read 21523 times)

DFWSupertrooper

Re: CTD's
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 04:56:40 pm »
The other one earlier this morning I was nowhere near CYVR (en route from KEWR-KATL midflight in a King Air)

Not sure how this can possibly be related in any way to CYVR. It's just a plain scenery, there's no software we install in the sim that could possibly cause a crash.

Update: For me, I reran the FSDT Live Update.  The updater seemed to think I had not yet updated CYVR as it re-did all of the update.  I made sure both times that it completed as expected, so I dunno.  Either way, I entered the sim, emptied my rolling cache and then have flown several flights successfully since with no issues (including one into and one out of CYVR).  Maybe something just didn't completely go right on the first install of the update...oh well...all good now.  EXCELLENT scenery as always!  Thanks! ;D

V3ER

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 06:02:08 pm »
I had the same CTD issues with version 1, haven't bothered updating, since removing the scenery stopped any CTD in the area.

GeoNau

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 07:12:35 pm »
I too got another update today, at least now I get placed on 26R when I select 26R, at least there is progress !

For me there would be no logic reason why the rolling cache would have any effect to a CTD. I have done around 6 approaches to 08R today, only the first one after the update resulted in no CTD, all other still resulted in a CTD at around the same place on the approach phase, i.e. I can reproduce it on will. And there is still no CTD at all when I remove the scenery.

Not sure how my rolling cache should have any affect to it but I gave it a try and deleted my rolling cache ... but I still CTD when approaching 08R.

As there seems to be no interest from the developer to fix it I'm about to permanently remove the scenery too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 09:49:40 pm »
Let me know how to proceed, are there any log files I can send you ?

There are none, of course. I think you are misunderstanding a bit how different a scenery for MSFS is, compared to our FSX/P3D products. There's NO software we install in the sim. There's no "FSDT code" that could eventually provides some log we could check, it's JUST a scenery, so no, it cannot be the cause of your crash, unless there's a problem with the simulator itself.

And BTW, again, I select 26R for the departure but got placed onto 26L, this also only happens when CYVR is installed.

You don't have the current update, we fixed the runway start positions a few hours after release.

GeoNau

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2020, 12:56:20 pm »
Just wanted to let you know that after Asobos update from yesterday and your latest update from yesterday I now was able to successfully complete 3 flights (with the default C172) without any CTD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 11:47:30 pm »
Just wanted to let you know that after Asobos update from yesterday and your latest update from yesterday I now was able to successfully complete 3 flights (with the default C172) without any CTD.

Our latest update surely didn't do anything to fix CTDs ( since they weren't caused by the airport, there's nothing we did or could do to fix them ) so, if they are fixed now, it was the Asobo update.

agent45

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 05:44:56 pm »
I have CTD's occasionally when approaching CYVR with this scenery. I was approaching 26L, short final, then CTD. Another time was approaching the airport from the south-southeast and when I got within 10 miles CTD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 07:15:37 pm »
I have CTD's occasionally when approaching CYVR with this scenery. I was approaching 26L, short final, then CTD. Another time was approaching the airport from the south-southeast and when I got within 10 miles CTD.

I don't know you are getting CTD with "this scenery".

You are getting CTD *at* CYVR, but that doesn't mean the problem is the scenery because, as you can see from last user post before yours, the user thought we fixed something because he stopped getting CTD, after an update of the simulator itself, which he assumed was something we fixed, but we haven't. This is just a plain standard scenery made only with 100% SDK methods so, it's either show up, or it doesn't, and in MSFS is basically impossible to have issues like CTD due to missing textures or invalid models ( which where possible with FSX/P3D ), because the SDK verifies every file and gives clear errors if, for example, a texture is missing or a model is not valid. In addition to that, sceneries sold on the MS Marketplace are ALSO verified by Microsoft before being approved.

What other add-ons are you using ? Do you have add-on AI airplanes, for example ?

flyblueskies

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2020, 10:54:15 pm »
I'm also getting CTD with 8R in my case. Several times I landed OK, but when I taxi to parking it will CTD. I know when this is going to happen because the sound starts to stutter and then the screen freezes...then the CTD. Happens the same way every time.

In my case, I wonder if my settings are too high for my 3080 card...I am running in 4K, with many settings set to ULTRA. I did set objects LOD to 125 (was 200) in an effort to figure this out.

I do think I'm overloading the memory and is the reason for the CTD.

Are there recommended GENERAL settings in MSFS 2020 for this scenery?

flyblueskies

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 05:43:01 pm »
Just wanted to provide some positive feedback.

I have flown three flights now without a CTD. They were with three different planes, the 172, the TBM 930, and the Carenado Mooney. Here's what I did to get to a good starting point:

1. I turned OFF AI of any kind.
2. I turned OFF LIVE weather and used SCATTERED clouds.
3. I deleted my ROLLING CACHE and then increased it to 16 GB.
4. I set my LOD to 100.
5. I removed the G1000, G3000, and GX mods.

After these settings, I flew three flights, with the three different planes noted above, from KFHR to FSDT CYVR 8R. I did not have any CTD's and after landing, I was able to taxi to the South Parking and shut down.

I'm not sure which setting helped me and I plan to add one of the steps above, one by one, to try and figure it out. But, I do have a good starting point now.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:43:29 pm by flyblueskies »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2021, 12:05:23 pm »
Of course the problem didn't had anything to do with CYVR. There's a many pages long thread on Avsim about CTDs with the latest update:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/592833-i-am-so-sick-of-this/

And reading the thread, it's clear that:

- Users are getting CTDs almost everywhere, there isn't a single scenery that can be seen as a constant

- Deleting the Rolling cache seems to be one of the most effective fixes

pmplayer

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2021, 07:29:10 pm »
So sorry to say i am in the Boot but i am, and not only since yesterday this happens from the beginning i using CYVR ( Crash somehow )

Yesterday before i started a flight i deleted my floating cache and built a new on, mine is 100 GB, started the sim allover after that
and made a flight from KDEN to CYVR with an a320. (Flybywire ) But i think this mod isn`t the case.
Landing at 8R went fine ( didn`t work before on 8R always crashed short before touchdown ) so i got to the gates and the gates come in, ordered  the Caterring Truck and Bagage Truck
all OK, at some time the Trucks moved away and BOOM Crash - could not understand what happens..

So i closed MSFS started again, pickt up 787-10 with no mod, setted the plane to runway 8R for start, than i had to go out of my computerroom in the kitchen
and this took around 5 mins or so than i come back and go sitting in my chair and BOOM Crash, i did nothing just sitting and can`t understand.. :o

I love this airport but i can`t us em, if i bin there since beginning with the first FSDT Version of CYVR i get this kind of crashes that i can not replicate..

I would i am not in the boat but i am - unfortynality; and i have no clou how i can go over that - real anoying !

regards  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2021, 06:09:03 pm »
See my above reply, with a link on Avsim indicating MSFS possibly crashing for no apparent reason basically everywhere, and see the last reply from flyblueskies, who said he completed several flights at CYVR without any crashes.

The scenery has been also approved by Microsoft, and I assure you they DO check thinks like crashes. Of course, they don't use any addons, which is the only safe way to be sure a single one is fine.

agent45

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2021, 11:28:46 pm »
I had the same CTD problem as the last fellow. Started out at gate 21 with the A320 and after a few minutes CTD. Tried again after a re-boot, CTD. Tried again, quick start, taxi to 26L, CTD. Removed the scenery and no more CTD. Did not touch anything. It was like a timer was counting down and the CTD happened.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2021, 05:51:14 pm »
Started out at gate 21 with the A320 and after a few minutes CTD.

Tried to replicate your flight just now, here's a 20 minutes long video showing pushback from gate 21, taxi to 26L, takeoff, short circuit and manual landing on 26R, no problems whatsoever, other than some default ground vehicles not waiting during pushback, and silly atc clearing me for takeoff with a car on the runway but, other than that, I can see it proves CYVR doesn't cause any crashes.

I'm not using any add-ons, except for all other FSDT sceneries installed, and 2 UPS liveries for AI.