Author Topic: CTD's  (Read 21529 times)

Kai-Uwe

CTD's
« on: October 16, 2020, 11:35:45 pm »
Hm, it's a little bit strange: I can't fullfill a landing in Vancouver with your scenery is being active. I tried it several times, coming from KSEA, CYYJ or from the north. Even a great turn flying out via 26, turning over Vancouver town and back crashes the sim. About five miles from the runways away. Checking flying without CYVR from FSDT, means only with the stock one is sucessfull. Before this question is coming: no, there is no addon beside, the nearest ones are CYLW from FSimstudios and KPAE as freeware or KPDX from Flightbeam.
Maybe other ones are sharing this too? What can I do here?

Kai
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 11:37:18 pm by Kai-Uwe »

Manny

Re: CTD's
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:44:39 pm »
I CTD Around KSEA. Its nothing to do with CYVR on my setup.

Even when I fly ILS from KBVS to KSEA I get CTD just when the ATC transitions me to KSEA tower or somewhere close like that. and KSEA is default airport. I have no addons for KSEA.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 06:40:30 pm »
I can't see no connection to my posted problem ::).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 12:33:48 am »
Those airports are close enough that, since KSEA is a known crashy area ( it crashes on me too, even with nothing installed ) so you might be mislead it's caused by CYVR.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 10:26:29 am »
KSEA is an default airport, so everybody should have it. Should I deactivate it? Should that be a solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 10:49:32 pm »
KSEA is an default airport, so everybody should have it. Should I deactivate it? Should that be a solution?

Maybe the problem is not the airport itself ( neither KSEA or CYVR ), but some AI with issues, possibly a missing texture or corrupted file. Do you have 3rd party AI additions, like livery packs, etc ?

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 04:12:58 pm »
Yes, I have some liveries installed. I will try it after deactivating them.

GeoNau

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 07:37:32 pm »
Even if I uninstall everything except the 3 FSDT sceneries I do CTD when I try to approach 08R in the default C172 EVERY time. No matter if I use the autopilot which would send me into the water or if I handfly the needles.

If I just remove CYVR I have no issue, not even if I use of my other >100 sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 11:44:02 am »
I'm sorry but, we cannot reproduce the problem in any way, and right now there are just two people reporting this.

GeoNau

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 12:37:49 pm »
Just tried the update with the A320NX mod, no CTD anymore.

Just one oddity, if I select 26R for the departure I still get placed at 26L.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 12:55:43 pm »

Was quite sure the scenery didn't had anything to do with this.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 04:20:09 pm »
I hesitate to say it's the latest update to CYVR, but since updating this morning I've experienced two CTDs, one of which was taking off from CYVR (shortly after initial climb on a C172).  The other one earlier this morning I was nowhere near CYVR (en route from KEWR-KATL midflight in a King Air) but...again, the FSDT update is all I've done to FS today and I RARELY get any CTDs.  Just letting you know...again, not assigning blame because I have no idea what's causing it.  If it's possibly the update, may wanna check it out.  I've sent the file dumps to MS/Asobo letting them know as well.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 04:25:27 pm »
The other one earlier this morning I was nowhere near CYVR (en route from KEWR-KATL midflight in a King Air)

Not sure how this can possibly be related in any way to CYVR. It's just a plain scenery, there's no software we install in the sim that could possibly cause a crash.

GeoNau

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 04:26:10 pm »

Was quite sure the scenery didn't had anything to do with this.

Not sure I would say that. I permanently crashed when approaching 08R before the update. Now the one and only approach I did after the update was without a CTD, we will see, finger crossed.

GeoNau

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 05:01:47 pm »
2nd approach after the update, with the default C172 with analogue gages, autopilot ILS08R approach and a CTD so it's not fixed for me.

Let me know how to proceed, are there any log files I can send you ?

And BTW, again, I select 26R for the departure but got placed onto 26L, this also only happens when CYVR is installed.

PS: 3rd approach, 2nd CTD so no, it's not fixed yet ! Also this time I selected 26L but got placed on 13 !
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 05:22:47 pm by GeoNau »